Well, we're supposed to leave the day after tomorrow but I still don't know if we're going yet. We talked about it a few days ago and didn't come to a decision and now I think we are both avoiding talking about it because we know we won't be going. It's the logical thing to do. We couldn't afford the trip before Katrina hit, let alone now.
What are we supposed to do for the next 5 weeks? DH has plenty of things he can be doing but I will probably just end up being bored. Too bad I already had my last day at work, I could have worked for another month at least. I was really looking forward to this trip, and with another kiddo on the way, who knows when we will be able to do this again? DH isn't really close to his family like I am, so I think he doesn't have much reason to go (aside from getting green chile).
Oh well...we still have a trip to Hawaii to look forward to but that is completely different than going home to see family and peeling, jarring and eating green chile.