I Won! WooHoo!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Barbara L

Traveling Welcome Wagon
A few days ago James entered an online instant win game sponsored by the Carolina Hurricanes hockey team. He didn't win (hopefully he is still trying, since you can play every day), but he sent me the site. My first time trying I won the First Prize! First prize is 2 tickets to the April 4th game. It will be a long drive to get there, but we are definitely planning to go. The 200 first prize winners (only the ones who send in the affidavit when they win, and who go to that game) will be in a drawing at the game. Right before the game they will draw 10 names. Those 10 people will go down to the rink and will choose a box. The one with a key and St. Lawrence Homes key chain will win a 3,137 sq. ft. St. Lawrence home worth $343,999, which is being built right now in Wake Forest, North Carolina.

So if you live in North Carolina, South Carolina, or Virginia go to www.hurricanesgiveaway.com and give it a shot!

:)Barbara

Thanks! I'm just looking at it as a free hockey game. If we happen to win a house, so much the better! But I won't go home sad if we don't win.

That's good news! Have a great time at the game. I'll keep my fingers crossed for the house.

Wow!! Those are pretty good odds Miss Barbara! Don't think It can't happen to you... I know a family who bought a chance on a St. Judes Hospital house and they won!!! Since they already had a nice home, and liked where they were, they put the house on the market, sold it, and made a nice profit after taxes, and a generous donation to St. Judes. So it can happen!!

Good Luck & Best Wishes!!

good luck barbara!

{{{{{{{sending good vibes}}}}}}}}}}

who are the 'canes playing that night?

A few days ago James entered an online instant win game sponsored by the Carolina Hurricanes hockey team. He didn't win (hopefully he is still trying, since you can play every day), but he sent me the site. My first time trying I won the First Prize! First prize is 2 tickets to the April 4th game. It will be a long drive to get there, but we are definitely planning to go. The 200 first prize winners (only the ones who send in the affidavit when they win, and who go to that game) will be in a drawing at the game. Right before the game they will draw 10 names. Those 10 people will go down to the rink and will choose a box. The one with a key and St. Lawrence Homes key chain will win a 3,137 sq. ft. St. Lawrence home worth $343,999, which is being built right now in Wake Forest, North Carolina.

So if you live in North Carolina, South Carolina, or Virginia go to www.hurricanesgiveaway.com and give it a shot!

Amazingly enough, I can't find this info on the Hurricanes' Web site (not the giveaway one). I guess they assume everyone must know :) Where is their hometown?

LOL Buckytom, I was just about to tell you they were playing the Florida Panthers, when I noticed you answered your own question.

GotGarlic, when you click on the link in my original post, it should bring you right to the giveaway. That is the link James sent me. When I went to their homepage I saw a link for it (it was called the eDecoder Game). It was about halfway down the page, I think. Their home is Raleigh, NC.

Thanks again everyone for the good luck wishes. I actually looked at the floorplan for the same home (only it had 5 bedrooms instead of 4), and they are so nice. To be honest, I would almost be afraid to win the house! With the taxes and everything, it's probably a lot more than we can handle right now! :LOL: On the other hand, the house is in Wake Forest and would probably be close to some great CAD jobs for James (he finishes his training 2 1/2 months after the game).

I am excited to go to the game. I have only been to minor league games (in Florence, SC--can't remember the team's name--I guess they are gone now, and the Charlotte Checkers). I always thought (from what I saw on TV sports news, especially all the fights they showed) that I would hate hockey. Then a friend who worked security at the Florence games brought me with her, and I discovered that I LOVE hockey!

Back
Top Bottom