I wonder about you people

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
ironchef said:
Bumping up for any new members that would like to add to this thread.

Great idea, IC. Noticed several new members seem to know one another. Did you find the site through a mutual friend/cooking site? Tell us about yourselves. I get lost when folks refer to family members by name - and don't want to ask questions. Let's get to know one another.

ironchef said:
Bumping up for any new members that would like to add to this thread.

Thanks, I.C., for the "bump up." Buck and I are fairly new here and wondered about people's "handles" on the site. I read through all pages of the thread and was pleased to learn that I had deduced quite correctly a number of the member's genders.

Mine is, of course, obvious but Buck is not quite who he is/seems. I'll let him explain. It's fun. At least, to me.

Really enjoying DC.

Katie

nice idea :)

I`m Male, the girl next to me in my avatar is my wife and we celebrate our 8`th year married on Hallow`en, although we`ve been together for longer than this.
my username is actualy my Callsign that Ive had since the late 70`s early 80`s (can`t quite remember).

and yes, this place ROCKS! :)

Hadnt seen this thread but found it quite enjoyable...

Im a 34 year-old male youngster (who doesnt look a day past 25) soon to be 35, and living in the tropics - Panama to be exact, although quite soon to be headed back to the U.S. I am both a Panama and U.S. citizen, but my background is as diverse as can be - I have French-Canadian, Chinese, Colombian and Panamanian grandparents... and along the lines also have some Scottish, Italian, French and Lebanese. As for me, most people in the states say I look italian (whatever that means).

My handle wasnt really thought out; a while back when I joined yahoo answers, i had opened an account where it asked for a first name and last name, not wanting to use my real name, i wrote SEVEN for first, and ELEVEN for last... i had forgotten about that but when i posted something on there it showed up as SEVEN S... have no clue where the "S" came from but it stuck!!! When I joined here, I just used the same handle. How boring!!

And the avatar pic is the cover of the Pink Floyd "Pulse" album, which is my favorite band of all time.

hmm.. I never answered to this thread before....

maybe because I think everything is clear with me? :mrgreen:

cara is female, getting older every day, I'm married to Frank :wub: and this nice little cat on the left is a black panther...
cara's not my real name, it just came to me when I first entered the internet and was asked dor a nickname... that was nine years ago...

Hi, y'all. This is indeed an interesting thread. Since Katie E. told you I'm not what I seem, I guess I'd better 'fess up and come clean with you.

Buck is the quintessential "guy name." I chose it six years ago when I started writing my column "Guy Stuff by Buck." The column explores a range of goofy and improbable scenarios such as a visit to the spider ranch where they raise spiders for Halloween, a trip down into the anthill to see how ants live, and a visit to the vast underground storage vaults where spare electricity is stored for emergency use. My Daddy (who was a mountain man through and through) figures in many columns as I document his production of "Pure Mountain Spring Water" which he makes out in the hollow and distributes in Mason jars under cover of darkness.

Katie E. writes a column too. Hers is called "Everyday Pleasures." I's completely sane, while mine is not. We are both syndicated in several weekly papers across the country. If you want a sample column or two, PM either one of us and we'll be glad to send them out.

We live in Bardwell, Kentucky which is in the far western part of the state. Our business name is EVERGREEN. We specialize in interior design, custom window treatments, antique restoration and furniture repair and any related activity that's likely to make a buck (no pun intended).

My real handle is Joe.
My avatar is Dozer; the bestest, fluffiest, friendliest cat ever built. We have lotsa lotsa cats, lotsa lotsa pots and pans, lotsa lotsa cookbooks, lotsa lotsa recipes we experiment with, and just recently, lotsa lotsa new friends at DC.

God bless the USA and God bless you all.

Buck

Last edited:
Snoop, short for Snoop Puss. Seems about right - I'm inquisitive and fussy but love a good tickle! Female.

Oh, by the way, I started on the TV food network, and when they abandoned the concept, someone from this site emailed me. I'm often asked in grocery stores (sometimes by the employees) what this or that is for. Or what it is. So this is the perfect place for me. Especially since I tend to wake up at 3 a.m. and have an hour or two to waste before I can catch a few winks before starting my day.

Wow! A great thread!

Lulu is fairly obviously a girl's name...but not mine, lol! But both my first and last name begin in "lu" and my name is fairly distinctive so I lose any anonymity if I post it - I have never come across anyone else with the same name as me!

I am English, but was an expat kid so beg and borrow from many cultures. I am married to a guy who is half Italian half British whose family now live in NY. I am a bit of a jack of all trades. My passport says equine scientist as a profession, and indeed I am, sometimes...I am also a musician, a writer, a legal clerk and a qualified English teacher, lol. Some people just weren't meant to settle down!

I am 27. We have two cats, and in England I have horses, chickens and a parttime dog! We can't decide whether we will try and start a human family or not.

I love DC because of the huge mix of people, and the fact that hobby home cooks and professionals discuss things together. I love that I learn a lot here and see recipes I otherwise wouldn't.

Since joining I have an overwhelming longing to try fiddleheads which I first read about here.

Back
Top Bottom