"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 06-20-2006, 05:48 PM   #121
Executive Chef

Send a message via AIM to Piccolina Send a message via MSN to Piccolina Send a message via Yahoo to Piccolina
Hopping into this thread a tad late, but I guess with not having the computer until a little while ago I missed its begining and didn't spot it before today I've been reading through most of the 100+ posts before this one, and I feel like I know many of you a lot better now. I've commented to DH before (about forums in general) that I'm always curious why people pic the names and photos that they do, and why some folks write their user names all in caps.

Personally my user name is a sweet Italian word which roughly translated is the female form of "little one", and is a title that one might say to a little girl. My Italian husband says it to me however, and so it has a very special place in my heart. My current avatar picture is a red rose because roses are my favourite flowere ever and because it reminds me of the red roses in my wedding bouquet ( self confessed total romantic).

"The most indispensable ingredient of all good home cooking: love, for those you are cooking for" ~ Sophia Loren
Piccolina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2006, 07:01 PM   #122
Head Chef

I can never think of a witty or funny user name, DH has a few really interesting ones he uses on forums but I am boring! I get called Mrsmac by a lot of kids at school, or they call me Mrs M C so I just use that. I am female too which I guess is obvious!!! I found this thread interesting as i have guessed the sex of quite a few people incorrectly.

Old 06-30-2006, 12:20 AM   #123
Master Chef

Since over a period of time I've posted as both Claire and Roy, well, I'm a woman.
Old 08-10-2006, 01:48 PM   #124
Executive Chef

Bump.

Another interesting thread for any newbies to read and add to if you wish.
Old 08-10-2006, 02:09 PM   #125
Executive Chef

That was nice, IC.

I'm just kinda klutzy because I act before I think. I thought Half Baked was fit for a food forum.

My avatar is a 'cheeky' orangutan just because I think they are so cute.
Old 08-10-2006, 02:20 PM   #126
The Dude Abides

Send a message via AIM to TATTRAT Send a message via Yahoo to TATTRAT Send a message via Skype™ to TATTRAT
I am man, hear me roar!
Old 08-10-2006, 02:41 PM   #127
Head Chef

Some of you know the story behind my screen name; after a wonderful wolf I was lucky to have as a friend and protector many years ago. Stay at home Mom/Grammie, married to a truck driver; have 2 daughters, 2 grandsons, 1 granddaughter due in a couple of months. Love to cook, sew, quilt, crochet, read, take care of my critters (most are rescues) along with learning and laughing with everyone here.
Old 08-10-2006, 03:02 PM   #128
Sous Chef

Thank you IC for bumping this up! How fun to learn about so many folks.

Mine's pretty obvious. I manage a marina and in the course of time I've had to enforce some rules regarding dogs (and other things). A few dog owners started calling me the Harbor itch. I just cleaned it up for public display.

Right now I'm sitting on my boat surrounded by my 4 Pugs. When I get my avatar up it is me at the helm of our little runabout.

I am looking forward to making lots of friends here!

Sharon
Old 08-10-2006, 03:32 PM   #129
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harborwitch
Mine's pretty obvious. I manage a marina and in the course of time I've had to enforce some rules regarding dogs (and other things). A few dog owners started calling me the Harbor itch. I just cleaned it up for public display.
That's pretty funny. I've had dogs my whole life, but it's mind blowing as to how irresponsible and inconsiderate some dog owners can be.
Old 08-10-2006, 03:44 PM   #130
Sous Chef

Some people shouldn't be allowed to have animals. We work with Pug rescue (we are no longer allowed to foster - we keep them all) and it amazes me what people will do - and not do. Cleaning up after your critters is only part of it!