I wonder about you people

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Happy the topic came up, as there are several new members since this topic was posted.

Curious what the screen names mean... Grumblebee, vyapti?

It's not being nosy at all, Qsis. You want to know who you are talking to on here. It can get embarrassing if you assume that one is male/female. I like knowing the gender's of everyone too. After a while, you pick up things, but, that doesn't always work if someone is with the same gender and say my girlfriend or boyfriend. Mine says what I am, although, girl, was a looooooooooooooong time ago !! LOL

Raven said:
WOW! What lengths some people won't go to in order to get a part in Hollywood!! Me? I ain't curling my hair for nobody! :LOL:

As for me most people wonder about my gender anyway so I'm used to it. :LOL:
~ Raven ~

You're not?!

I think the Mr. Farkeltush gave you away :LOL:

I'm sure anyone who has read many of my posts know I'm a retired grandmother. My user name is a mixed up version of my first name (Alice) which I don't use, but all the Alice handles have always been taken. Someone got there before me. I too have wondered about many of the names and really can't tell from the posts whether it is a male or female poster. I hope some of the stranger handles will be revealed in this thread.

Here ya go Mish. :LOL:

You fans are what makes the job so rewarding :mrgreen:

img_264278_0_1d8565d1ad5f7e3b6d53cdd83928147d.jpg

~ Raven ~

I wasn't the least bit creative when picking my name. Don't know why, but I just wasn't in the mood to think up anything. abj are my initials. Fist name being Amber. When I was yonger my mom put initials on everything and she uses her initials on the computer, I guess it just caught. :LOL:

Raven said:
Here ya go Mish. :LOL:

You fans are what makes the job so rewarding :mrgreen:

img_264282_0_1d8565d1ad5f7e3b6d53cdd83928147d.jpg

~ Raven ~

You're killing me, Raven :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: How'd you do that :LOL:

Since I don't wear an apron :rolleyes: , here's my photo:

(yes I posted it a while back, but it bares repeating.)

I'm a feller. My last name begins with the letter 'Z'. When I was in high school I had a few nicknames surrounding that... starting with 'Z-Man', later shortened to simply 'Z', and often then referred to as 'The Z'.

another guy here.
hmmm, just reading thru the posts, there seems to be a lot of checking going on before responding...

buckytom said:
another guy here.
hmmm, just reading thru the posts, there seems to be a lot of checking going on before responding...

And, cross-referencing :LOL: :rolleyes:

Wow, so Raven is a he and Grumblebee a she!Good to know. Would you guess mine anyone?(Well apart from those who know)Guess my avatar gives everything away.

Back in cigar boom days, it was hard and not all together legal to get Cuban cigars, so all the packages were sent to my dog (just in case), his name was Charlie. One time mail person walks in to give me a package and says to me: “Hey, Charlie, there is a package for you.” Since then it stock.

Oh, and the avatar looks very much like me inside and out.

My name actually is "Allen", and I live in Michigan, thus the "MI". Years ago, on another board, someone posted a link to a website where you could create your own custom South Park character. I ended up created the avatar you see. It's actually a fair representation of me, in uniform at the kitchen I work in.

Nice thread. I participate in other Kitchen forums in Italy, and there we have the use to sign with our real name. Here, I've seen that nobody does so, and I've used the same behaviour.
The Photo is me: It's a concession to the fact that I too find strange to speak with someone without knowing if IT is a "he" or a "she", and so, I don't want to compell others to have my same trouble.
RDG is very simple: my name. Roberto Della Giovanna. Roberto is the name, Della Giovanna the family name. I say so, because many years ago I went in a hotel in Spain, and just now I receive Xmas wishes for "Senorita Giovanna Della".....:LOL: . I'm a designer, crazy for bridge (I play in some national tournaments, but surely I'm not a champion). And I'm too fat......:LOL: : 1,85, 101 kg.:(

CharlieD said:
Back in cigar boom days, it was hard and not all together legal to get Cuban cigars, so all the packages were sent to my dog (just in case), his name was Charlie. One time mail person walks in to give me a package and says to me: “Hey, Charlie, there is a package for you.” Since then it stock.

Oh, and the avatar looks very much like me inside and out.

i think it's still against the law to have cuban cigars in the u.s., charlie.

the last time i was in bermuda, i bought a box of real cuban montechristos and cohibas and had them shipped to my girlfriends' office. i removed the bands, wrapped it up in gift paper, and surrounded them with other little trinkets and gifts and wrapped the heck out of the box. i had no problem getting them through customs.

unfortunately, those went quickly, so now i'm down to my last real cohiba, and a few macanudo portofinos.

i'm not a churchill fan. i prefer a small ring, long cigar with a natural wrapper.

buckytom said:
i think it's still against the law to have cuban cigars in the u.s...
Yes you are right. But I don't have time to smoke, or money to buy them anyway nowadays. 5 kids will do that to your cigar stash. So, it doesn't matter anymore. I like big cigars though.

Back
Top Bottom