I wonder about you people

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Goodweed of the North said:
Oh, don't get me wrong. I keep my lawn up. I just don't like it. I am not so self-involved as to be rude to my neighbors. I just wish I had the financial means (and a wife who would support the idea) to move way back into a wooded area where lawns weren't required. 'Tis but a dream. And I really do try to keep the dandelions in check. But I smile when driving along a country road and look at a veritable carpet of the weed, adding brilliant color to an otherwise bland hay field.

Seeeeeeya; Goodweed of the North
You might be in luck Goodweed. I have been reading that wildflowers and certain weeds like dandelions are becoming fashionable. Soon it may not be as offensive to people have have a yard they way you want.

Hey...I wanna be an elf too! I'm just plain old me. (Picture in the Travelling Apron photos)

Girl here, married to Ken, Mom to Bugs (who is a girl too. LOL)

mish said:
You're killing me, Raven :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: How'd you do that :LOL:

Since I don't wear an apron :rolleyes: , here's my photo:

(yes I posted it a while back, but it bares repeating.)

I just signed a blank piece of paper then scanned it into Paint Shop Pro, negitive image then cut and paste :D

LOL! Love the pic. Nice Gams... or are those Yams? :LOL:

~ Raven ~

ironchef said:
I WISH I was taller, then I might've had a chance to further my baseball career. I'm 5'9". 6'2" would've been a nice height.

At 6'2" it hurts more when you fall down.

Raven said:
I just signed a blank piece of paper then scanned it into Paint Shop Pro, negitive image then cut and paste :D

LOL! Love the pic. Nice Gams... or are those Yams? :LOL:

~ Raven ~

LOL, Thanks Mr. Farkeltush.

My right gam is a piece of asparagus, the left is a carrot. Stay away from my onions & potuti. :LOL:

Last edited:
I feel so seclusive and recluded. Joe, big 50 here, 6'5", gimp crip, prep school teacher, private chef, weight lifter, tattooed, pierced, partnered. any pic I posted would intimidate the masses, although the only thing you have to fear about me is the heat of my Jamaican curried goat (2 habaneros per pot)

410 is my area code...North Chesapeake Bay. Robo is short for Roboteacher-cyborg from State College...puting fear into the hearts and minds of teenagers forced to diagram sentences, repair their split infinitives, crop their dangling modifiers, preventing the ending of sentences with prepositions, and enforcing correct MLA style and format. I am the Grammar Police, and I know where you live at, dudes!

Last edited:
urmaniac13 said:
6 GRAND KIDS not 4???? who are the 5th and 6th??

Anyway I am female, my name is Licia. You can see me in the pic on the right hand side on my profile page along with my beau Cristiano.
And I am not saying YOU ARE maniac, "Urmaniac" is my fave nick given by a good friend of mine, this was created because I was (and still am) such a dedicated, crazed fan of a certain figure skater from the last decade named Alexei Urmanov, thus "Urmanov + maniac = Urmaniac". When I first tried to use this on AOL, to my great surprise, it was already taken, so I threw in "13" because it seemed like I was a perpetual 13 year old!!:-p

I would've never guessed this one. Not in a million years.

Wow.
I feel like there are life stories behind some of the names.
And they're quite interesting.
Thanks QSis for starting it, I learned a bunch...

As for me, I'm a girl, and it's a nick name from a friend going through a repetitive syllable phase (there was a Kiki, so I became Marmar).
Mar means snake in Farsi and I used to wear a snake necklace until 20 of the 30 stones fell out.
I guess I could also just say I like to scratch(English), or love the sea (Spanish), but when I was seven I wanted a boa constrictor, so I guess the snake fits me the best. Though now I'm kind of scared of them.

Last edited:
GB said:
Just curious...why not Cadesma?
Well, I was not sure if I should spell it the right way or not so chose the K instead..C makes more sense tho, but, then I've not done anything sensible in weeks:LOL:

kadesma

urmaniac13 said:
6 GRAND KIDS not 4???? who are the 5th and 6th??

Anyway I am female, my name is Licia. You can see me in the pic on the right hand side on my profile page along with my beau Cristiano.
And I am not saying YOU ARE maniac, "Urmaniac" is my fave nick given by a good friend of mine, this was created because I was (and still am) such a dedicated, crazed fan of a certain figure skater from the last decade named Alexei Urmanov, thus "Urmanov + maniac = Urmaniac". When I first tried to use this on AOL, to my great surprise, it was already taken, so I threw in "13" because it seemed like I was a perpetual 13 year old!!:-p
I have two granddaughters who live about an hour and a hlf from us, My sons two girls 11 and 13 both beautiful and excellent on horseback. Compete in barrell racing and so forth. they are Alyssa and Gianna.

kadesma

kadesma said:
I have two granddaughters who live about an hour and a hlf from us, My sons two girls 11 and 13 both beautiful and excellent on horseback. Compete in barrell racing and so forth. they are Alyssa and Gianna.

kadesma

Nice to know there are more to your wonderful bunch!! We would love to hear more about Alyssa and Gianna as well in the future, hugs and greetings to them!!:)

IC, not many does, you are not the only one!! Therefore I thought I could do with a little explanation!!
3.gif

Goodweed of the North said:
Oh, don't get me wrong. I keep my lawn up. I just don't like it. I am not so self-involved as to be rude to my neighbors. I just wish I had the financial means (and a wife who would support the idea) to move way back into a wooded area where lawns weren't required. 'Tis but a dream. And I really do try to keep the dandelions in check. But I smile when driving along a country road and look at a veritable carpet of the weed, adding brilliant color to an otherwise bland hay field.

Seeeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

alrightee-then, let's not let those weeds get out of control again! (in an embarassed tone :blush: sorry if i was rude.).

lol, glad to hear it, really. i was a little surprised in your response, but my faith in you has been restored. :)

it just makes me crazy when people buy a house in a nice neighborhood, where everyone at least does the minimum to keep up their yard - most more, and then there's always one house that ruins it for everyone. knee high grass all summer, mixed with every weed known to man, broken and rusted things in the yard, trash that never seems to get put out. i'm sure you've seen the type.

oh, and i know what you mean about a field of alpine flowers. altho, when i was a kid, i didn't think twice about runing into them, or laying down in the middle of the field on a sunny day, watching the clouds roll by.
now ya have to worry about ticks and lyme's disease. :(

buckytom said:
knee high grass all summer, mixed with every weed known to man, broken and rusted things in the yard, trash that never seems to get put out. i'm sure you've seen the type.
That sounds like my neighbohood.:neutral: Nobody really cares about their lawn here. You should see our neighbor's house! We have one set of neighbor's, who keep up their lawn & gardening. They are the closest thing to family out here! The other neighbors live in a mobile home. They have 4 boys and just had their first girl 4 days ago. 5 kids in this little mobile home! I don't know how they manage. Outside their home is about 5 cars, only 2 actually run. Lot of trash everywhere.:ermm: No lawn. I should take a photo to show how bad it is.

Jikoni said:
You have very lovely eyes. I guess this thread is a way of getting to know everyone really. Cool.:cool:

I agree, Jikoni. :)

Constance so nice to put a face with a name. (Somehow I pictured you looking like Connie Francis or Connie Stevens - don't know why - maybe the name.) Great pic, btw.

Kadesma - I also pronounced your name in my head as Cad-eeze-ma. Good to read how folks chose their names/significance.

Corazon - always wondered about your screen name as well.

Goodweed - admit I thought it had something to do with Marijuana, gasp, glad you explained. LOL

Grumble, thanks for explaining your screen name. Words sometimes get lost in print as to their meaning - so I didn't mean what does your name "mean," :LOL: - just curious about how folks chose their names. I'm always stumped to come up with something creative.

Hope more people will chime in and tell us how you chose your name/what it means (& I use the term losely :LOL: ) to get to know one another - as there are so many great new members.

Last edited:
mish said:
Hope more people will chime in and tell us how you chose your name/what it means (& I use the term losely :LOL: ) to get to know one another - as there are so many great new members.

ummm...errr.......well.......gosh........gee whiz......my mum choose it:blush: and, without checking, ima girl....

PDSWIFE

Pretty
Darn
S e xy, sweet, smart
WIFE....

PDS are also My hubby's initals.

corazon is heart in spanish. 90 doesn't have any significance. I use the same user name for most things and the first time I tried just corazon, but they said it was already taken, but corazon90 was free. That's the story.

corazon...it's hard to explain. It's just one of those things that you get attached to. I love how it sounds, how it rolls off your tongue. It's a beautiful word with a beautiful meaning.

Back
Top Bottom