I wonder about you people

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hopping into this thread a tad late, but I guess with not having the computer until a little while ago I missed its begining and didn't spot it before today :) I've been reading through most of the 100+ posts before this one, and I feel like I know many of you a lot better now. I've commented to DH before (about forums in general) that I'm always curious why people pic the names and photos that they do, and why some folks write their user names all in caps.

Personally my user name is a sweet Italian word which roughly translated is the female form of "little one", and is a title that one might say to a little girl. My Italian husband says it to me however, and so it has a very special place in my heart. My current avatar picture is a red rose because roses are my favourite flowere ever and because it reminds me of the red roses in my wedding bouquet :)wub: self confessed total romantic).

I can never think of a witty or funny user name, DH has a few really interesting ones he uses on forums but I am boring! I get called Mrsmac by a lot of kids at school, or they call me Mrs M C so I just use that. I am female too which I guess is obvious!!! I found this thread interesting as i have guessed the sex of quite a few people incorrectly.

That was nice, IC.:)

I'm just kinda klutzy because I act before I think. I thought Half Baked was fit for a food forum.

My avatar is a 'cheeky' orangutan just because I think they are so cute.

Some of you know the story behind my screen name; after a wonderful wolf I was lucky to have as a friend and protector many years ago. Stay at home Mom/Grammie, married to a truck driver; have 2 daughters, 2 grandsons, 1 granddaughter due in a couple of months. Love to cook, sew, quilt, crochet, read, take care of my critters (most are rescues) along with learning and laughing with everyone here.

Thank you IC for bumping this up! How fun to learn about so many folks.

Mine's pretty obvious. I manage a marina and in the course of time I've had to enforce some rules regarding dogs (and other things). A few dog owners started calling me the Harbor :censored:itch. I just cleaned it up for public display.

Right now I'm sitting on my boat surrounded by my 4 Pugs. When I get my avatar up it is me at the helm of our little runabout.

I am looking forward to making lots of friends here!

Sharon:heart::)

Harborwitch said:
Mine's pretty obvious. I manage a marina and in the course of time I've had to enforce some rules regarding dogs (and other things). A few dog owners started calling me the Harbor :censored:itch. I just cleaned it up for public display.

That's pretty funny. I've had dogs my whole life, but it's mind blowing as to how irresponsible and inconsiderate some dog owners can be.

Some people shouldn't be allowed to have animals. We work with Pug rescue (we are no longer allowed to foster - we keep them all:ROFLMAO:) and it amazes me what people will do - and not do. Cleaning up after your critters is only part of it!

Wow--what a fun and interesting post--thanks to whoever started it----I feel like I know a lot of you a lot better. My name speaks for itself---expat is someone who lives overseas and I've had my share of that job----I have enjoyed nearly every minute of it and learned so much (it's had it's downsides, however)----no matter what the cultural differences, people are the same everywhere (at least where I've been--Egypt, Kazakhstan, Trinidad, Indonesia, Thailand, Cypress, Greece, ) people are the same everywhere---family is important---people everywhere love their children and want the best for them. I hope that we as nations can overcome global conflicts and give our children the right to grow up with some semblance of peace---we did--so why shouldn't they?? "Girl"--self-explanatory!!:)

What an interesting thread. This is the first time that I have read the thread all the way through. As many of you know I am a female that likes to cook and lives in Northern California in the Sierra Nevadas, hence the name SierraCook.

I think by looking at my avatar you can tell I'm a dude. It's the blue eyes :LOL: . Actually that's not my picture, I don't know who it is. My name is Billy Jack, so you can take a guess from that, and yes, I've been sick since I made the movie...NOT!

Back
Top Bottom