I won't be back for a while

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

di reston

Sous Chef
Dear friends,

I do so value the rapport that we all have, and it's with great sadness that I say I'm not going to be around for a while. My OH has had an operation for prostate cancer, but they discovered tiny cells in one of his glands. I'm finding I get too emotional about things at the moment, and my recent messages are a reflection of that. I need to get myself under control, which isn't easy just now. I hope I can get things under control. I'm afraid that the therapy he's getting is what they call 'distraction therapy'. I'll still visit the site, and occasionally post a message, so long as it's sensible, but for now I need to get myself in control of the situation.

Affectionatly to all of you

di reston

Major DC {{{hugs}}} to you and OH, di. Hoping for wellness to you both.

I'm sorry to hear about your OH's illness, di. It's so stressful when loved ones are suffering. Take care of yourself and if you feel the need to vent, we're here [emoji813]

Your book sounds really interesting. I hope you can tell us more about it when you feel up to it.

Last edited:
Sorry to read of all your troubles of late, di. I'll keep both you and your hubby in my thoughts and prayers.

What she said.

This hideous disease brings so much pain to the loved ones who have to stand by and just give support and care. I know only too well what you are going through. My story has twice ended up on a positive note. And I know that God will allow you and your OH to come out at the other end on a very positive note also.

If you feel like venting, or just want to chat about anything, know that all of us here at DC are here for you with love and understanding :angel:. When I got the news of my daughter's cancer, I placed an angel at every post I made. So I am placing this one for your OH so she can watch over the both of you.

More good thoughts and prayers on their way Di. Remember to take care of yourself so you can continue to take care of your OH. Hugs!

I'm so sorry to hear this, Di. Sending up prayers and healing thoughts for your OH, and like Princess said, try to care for yourself as well. ((hugs)) :heart:

I'm very sorry to hear this, di.

My dad had prostate cancer that had metastasized. It was treated and he was cancer free for almost 25 years after that, so please keep up hope that all will be well.

I will keep you and your hubby in mind when I say my daily rosary today, and every day going forward.

My OH is getting by as best he can, given that he has to do exercises to restore his lower abdomen muscles, and he is having radiotherapy as well. I wonder whether or not there are any hopes, because on that score, nobody says anything. As for me, since my perforated ulcer problems, I have had so many strong medicines that I now have liver problems - nil disperandum, as they say. I'm determined to get through it. I've had bipolare disorder for quite a while now, and that's a real problem, because my psychiatrist upped the dose of medication, and I think that's what gave me the terrible taste in my mouth, which I still have. I can't go to church, because I'm a high church Anglican, and not a Catholic, so I can't even go and say prayers, let alone mass. Your messages mean a great deal, and you are really helping me, and for this I thank you all with all my heart. I hope I can get myself together soon (appointment with psychiatrist this week). When OH is out walking Lucas, our dog, can't srop crying.

di reston

I'm so sorry, di. Hugs to you {{{di}}}. I had some pretty severe medical problems a couple years ago (and will have the effects for the rest of my life), so I have some understanding of what you're going through. I'm glad you're getting some help in dealing with everything.

I don't know much about the Anglican Church but is there some way to worship on your own? Can you set up an altar or something similar?

Take care of yourself ❤️

Dear friends,

I do so value the rapport that we all have, and it's with great sadness that I say I'm not going to be around for a while. My OH has had an operation for prostate cancer, but they discovered tiny cells in one of his glands. I'm finding I get too emotional about things at the moment, and my recent messages are a reflection of that. I need to get myself under control, which isn't easy just now. I hope I can get things under control. I'm afraid that the therapy he's getting is what they call 'distraction therapy'. I'll still visit the site, and occasionally post a message, so long as it's sensible, but for now I need to get myself in control of the situation.

Affectionatly to all of you

di reston
Best wishes for both of you and prayers.

So sorry Di, depression is a horrible thing. Makes it hard to stay on track with the rest of your health needs.

...I wonder whether or not there are any hopes, because on that score, nobody says anything...
No matter whether or not the doctors say anything, never give up hope until your OH takes his last breath, as long as you realize hope alone is not the cure.

I'll continue to say a prayer for you both and your situations.

oh di, I'm late to this thread and I'm so sorry.

I truly believe that there are, from all of us here, wings surrounding you and yours. Be they Anglican, Catholic, Baptist, Methodist, Jewish, Dragconian (hey guys, help! I'm running out of religions here!) but every belief out there... ALL their wings are surrounding you.

To lessen your pain, to buffer away the pain,

to push in the strength, to gather us to you. We are all thinking of you.

You are di.
You believe.
You are strong.
You have the power.
You can do this.
You are di.

So sorry to hear this, dl. I'm late in this thread as well--caregiving is exhausting. Being ill and stressed is draining and exhausting. My secret is to find pleasure in the little things. A bouquet of fresh flowers from the supermarket, listening to soothing music, making a special dessert or other treat. Watching an old movie. Little pleasures lift the heart and soul.

My Dad had proton radiation treatment. It was very successful. No one knows enough to be a pessimist, hang in there and make time for yourself.

Hugs.

Back
Top Bottom