"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 10-16-2006, 02:03 PM   #11
Head Chef

Since we live "above" our business...we never get away! But I love it. And! Can't say I was ever "late" to work because of traffic or a snowstorm!

Old 10-16-2006, 02:14 PM   #12
Senior Cook

I would rather be at home taking care of the house and making a nice
snack for when the kids get off school. I am very lucky too I have a great
job, make a great living, work from 8:20 to 2:50 and only until 9:45 or so on
Fridays, and I can't get fired. I am able to drop off my kids and pick them up
from school and my husband takes care of the house. He quit his job
about 11 years ago so we could have one of us at home with the kids and because I have such a great job and much more room to make more $$ than
he did at the time it was me who kept working . Like I said I have a great job and shouldn't complain but I would much rather be at home.

I also get to chat with you guys during the day

Old 10-16-2006, 02:19 PM   #13
Head Chef

I count myself as very lucky as I am a stay at home wife and doing what I need to and doing what I love everyday!!!!! Yes, I could clean house a bit (okay, a lot better! LOL!) but can take time to be on the computer, cook, sew or whatever when I want!!! I don't go visiting much as I much prefer the company of my 9 dogs, 10 cats and 2 burros to 95% of the people around here!!!! I very, very seldom get bored and always have something worthwhile to do everyday. But if Def Leppard is going to be in concert here in AZ.......y'all know I will be there!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 10-16-2006, 04:36 PM   #14
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by middie
I don't know about you people but I'd much rather be on a tropical beach somewhere than going to work anyday.
As long as it's not Hawaii!
Old 10-16-2006, 04:38 PM   #15
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harborwitch
I would rather be home on the boat with my feet in my warm slippers than here in the office in flip flops with my feet freezing! (I hate shoes before Nov. 1!!!) It wasn't supposed to be cold today.
I am with you on the whole shoe thing! I'm a pisces...meaning I was never meant to wear shoes in the first place. Not only do I wear shoes to work, but I'm on my feet all day, too
Old 10-16-2006, 04:41 PM   #16
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickell
I would rather be at home taking care of the house and making a nice
snack for when the kids get off school. I am very lucky too I have a great
job, make a great living, work from 8:20 to 2:50 and only until 9:45 or so on
Fridays, and I can't get fired. I am able to drop off my kids and pick them up
from school and my husband takes care of the house. He quit his job
about 11 years ago so we could have one of us at home with the kids and because I have such a great job and much more room to make more $$ than
he did at the time it was me who kept working . Like I said I have a great job and shouldn't complain but I would much rather be at home.

I also get to chat with you guys during the day
I stayed home with my kids for the first few years..but eventually had to get back to work if we wanted to have some nice things, like a home with running water and electricity. I got very lucky because I found a position in the food service industry, without any experience...with hours from 6:30am to 2:30pm. I got all the benefits of being full time, plus I was home in the afternoon when my kids got home from school. Their dad gave them a nice breakfast and made lunch for them, and he got alone time with them, as well.
Old 10-16-2006, 05:39 PM   #17
Sous Chef

I have to admit that I'm really fortunate. It's a quarter of a mile from the boat to my office. I've got a golf cart to run around on. I actually only work in the office 2 days a week - and then I work from the boat 3 days, plus I'm on call at night.

I can remember when I used to wear 3" heels every day and spend most of the day on my feet. Now a pair of "kitten heeels" kill after a few hours. I guess 14 years of flip flops, loafers, and sneakers have taken their toll.
Old 10-16-2006, 05:46 PM   #18
Sous Chef

Send a message via MSN to Lynan
There is nothing I'd rather do than go to work , well except for have another day off!

But....Id rather go to the dentist than the hairdresser.
Go figure!
Old 10-16-2006, 06:07 PM   #19
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harborwitch
I have to admit that I'm really fortunate. It's a quarter of a mile from the boat to my office. I've got a golf cart to run around on. I actually only work in the office 2 days a week - and then I work from the boat 3 days, plus I'm on call at night.

I can remember when I used to wear 3" heels every day and spend most of the day on my feet. Now a pair of "kitten heeels" kill after a few hours. I guess 14 years of flip flops, loafers, and sneakers have taken their toll.
You live on a boat???????!!!!!!! How marvelous! Several years ago, I was a party producer for 'adult' type parties in NYC. I was in clubs usually 4 nights a week, from 8pm till 4am, dressed to kill, in heels to match. I still have all the magnificent shoes, but they only make appearances when I go to dinner or some other event. I much prefer my bare feet, pretty pedicure, toe rings, and ankle bracelets..
Old 10-16-2006, 06:08 PM   #20
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynan
There is nothing I'd rather do than go to work , well except for have another day off!

But....Id rather go to the dentist than the hairdresser.
Go figure!
I'd rather go shopping with a man for his clothes than either the dentist or the hairdresser! Little is as boring as watching a man shop for clothes!