I would rather...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

VeraBlue

Executive Chef
I would rather clean the bathroom than go to work. I considered that, and realized the bathroom isn't really dirty, so it's not exactly an even exchange. I further considered cleaning all the bathrooms on the block in exchange for going to work, but that idea made me:sick:.

So, in all fairness, I decided on window washing. There are 24 windows in this house, and I need a hose and pole attachment to reach most of them. It would keep me outside most of the day, but the windows would be nice and clean.

I'd rather wash windows than go to work. Naturally, I'm actually going to work, but....it's always nice to have a fantasy, yes?:rolleyes:

What would you rather do than go to work?

And, do have a nice day, everyone!

Right now I don't work outside the home but I do work at home all the time. I clean, cook, do laundry, mow lawn and garden work. Yes I would rather work at home then go out and work for someone else.

Indeed the thought of dragging your feet to go to work is rather daunting. Combing the countryside for edible mushrooms, chestnuts and sweet and delicious apples from abandoned field is the perfect way to spending a nice day.

Here I am wishing I wasn't at home and was back at work lol! I am missing my old job a lot. My ideal scenario is part time work....and I like that I keep my finger in a few career pies.....nothing worse for me than boredom at work. I manage to do some work from home too....which doesn't work for a lot of people but makes me happy. Only when people come round I have to be REALLY tidy, lol. When its just me typing away its bliss....me, comfy clothes on the sofa with my cats. I shower and make up in time for the husband to come home, lol!

I don't know about you people but I'd much rather be on a tropical beach somewhere than going to work anyday.

I quit working (retired) about 7 years ago, but I can really remember not wanting to go to work. I was having too much fun at home and not enough fun at work. So we developed an even lower life style than what we had, and I stay home full time to keep the homestead humming along. Yep, there is not much cash flow, but I would not trade what I have for anything. There is nothing I would rather be doing and I am blessed. Life is full of compromises, and I have not tired of this life choice, and do not expect to.

I overslept today. I wasn't late for work, but I had one of those frantic 10 minutes of getting ready. Now I'm at work but can't get motivated to DO work. I should go home.

Overslept today
I do not want to be here
Maybe I'll go home.

Well since I don't work outside the home... today, I'd like to go to work. Maybe as a IRS agent or a garbage man so that I can remember again how dang lucky I am that I don't work outside the home. :)

I would rather be home on the boat with my feet in my warm slippers than here in the office in flip flops with my feet freezing! (I hate shoes before Nov. 1!!!):mad: It wasn't supposed to be cold today.:mad::ermm::(

Since we live "above" our business...we never get away! But I love it. And! Can't say I was ever "late" to work because of traffic or a snowstorm!

I would rather be at home taking care of the house and making a nice
snack for when the kids get off school. I am very lucky too I have a great
job, make a great living, work from 8:20 to 2:50 and only until 9:45 or so on
Fridays, and I can't get fired. I am able to drop off my kids and pick them up
from school and my husband takes care of the house. He quit his job
about 11 years ago so we could have one of us at home with the kids and because I have such a great job and much more room to make more $$ than
he did at the time it was me who kept working:( . Like I said I have a great job and shouldn't complain but I would much rather be at home.

I also get to chat with you guys during the day:rolleyes:

I count myself as very lucky as I am a stay at home wife and doing what I need to and doing what I love everyday!!!!! Yes, I could clean house a bit (okay, a lot better! LOL!) but can take time to be on the computer, cook, sew or whatever when I want!!! I don't go visiting much as I much prefer the company of my 9 dogs, 10 cats and 2 burros to 95% of the people around here!!!! I very, very seldom get bored and always have something worthwhile to do everyday. But if Def Leppard is going to be in concert here in AZ.......y'all know I will be there!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Harborwitch said:
I would rather be home on the boat with my feet in my warm slippers than here in the office in flip flops with my feet freezing! (I hate shoes before Nov. 1!!!):mad: It wasn't supposed to be cold today.:mad::ermm::(

I am with you on the whole shoe thing! I'm a pisces...meaning I was never meant to wear shoes in the first place. Not only do I wear shoes to work, but I'm on my feet all day, too:(

rickell said:
I would rather be at home taking care of the house and making a nice
snack for when the kids get off school. I am very lucky too I have a great
job, make a great living, work from 8:20 to 2:50 and only until 9:45 or so on
Fridays, and I can't get fired. I am able to drop off my kids and pick them up
from school and my husband takes care of the house. He quit his job
about 11 years ago so we could have one of us at home with the kids and because I have such a great job and much more room to make more $$ than
he did at the time it was me who kept working:( . Like I said I have a great job and shouldn't complain but I would much rather be at home.

I also get to chat with you guys during the day:rolleyes:

I stayed home with my kids for the first few years..but eventually had to get back to work if we wanted to have some nice things, like a home with running water and electricity:LOL:. I got very lucky because I found a position in the food service industry, without any experience...with hours from 6:30am to 2:30pm. I got all the benefits of being full time, plus I was home in the afternoon when my kids got home from school. Their dad gave them a nice breakfast and made lunch for them, and he got alone time with them, as well.

I have to admit that I'm really fortunate. It's a quarter of a mile from the boat to my office. I've got a golf cart to run around on. I actually only work in the office 2 days a week - and then I work from the boat 3 days, plus I'm on call at night.

I can remember when I used to wear 3" heels every day and spend most of the day on my feet. Now a pair of "kitten heeels" kill after a few hours. I guess 14 years of flip flops, loafers, and sneakers have taken their toll. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

There is nothing I'd rather do than go to work:wacko: , well except for have another day off!

But....Id rather go to the dentist than the hairdresser.
Go figure!:rolleyes:

Harborwitch said:
I have to admit that I'm really fortunate. It's a quarter of a mile from the boat to my office. I've got a golf cart to run around on. I actually only work in the office 2 days a week - and then I work from the boat 3 days, plus I'm on call at night.

I can remember when I used to wear 3" heels every day and spend most of the day on my feet. Now a pair of "kitten heeels" kill after a few hours. I guess 14 years of flip flops, loafers, and sneakers have taken their toll. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

You live on a boat???????!!!!!!! How marvelous! Several years ago, I was a party producer for 'adult' type parties in NYC. I was in clubs usually 4 nights a week, from 8pm till 4am, dressed to kill, in heels to match. I still have all the magnificent shoes, but they only make appearances when I go to dinner or some other event. I much prefer my bare feet, pretty pedicure, toe rings, and ankle bracelets..

Lynan said:
There is nothing I'd rather do than go to work:wacko: , well except for have another day off!

But....Id rather go to the dentist than the hairdresser.
Go figure!:rolleyes:

I'd rather go shopping with a man for his clothes than either the dentist or the hairdresser! Little is as boring as watching a man shop for clothes!

Back
Top Bottom