"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 01-15-2007, 02:32 PM   #11
Master Chef

Send a message via Yahoo to -DEADLY SUSHI-
Hmmmmm. Im in Chicago. Its about 25F and it snowed a half inch last night. First snow in 44 days. No ice either. Now how can Texas get ice and WE dont? Not that I WANT to get it.

Old 01-15-2007, 02:41 PM   #12
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by -DEADLY SUSHI-
Hmmmmm. Im in Chicago. Its about 25F and it snowed a half inch last night. First snow in 44 days. No ice either. Now how can Texas get ice and WE dont? Not that I WANT to get it.
I haven't figured that out myself, Sush I guess because of the arctic air that hit with the southern moisture from the gulf just caused sleet instead of snow. I would love to get a little snow every winter around Christmas. It would feel so much more like the holidays. When I was little, we used to get snow a lot. Now I don't remember what it's like

Old 01-15-2007, 02:55 PM   #13
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Location: I live in the Heartland of the United States - Western Kentucky
Well, the rain's finally stopped. 5 inches since the early morning hours of Saturday. The ground was already saturated, so there's flooding in low areas. The farmers LOVE that.

TG we'll be getting the cold weather you experienced. Supposed to drop, like a rock, to the low 20s or teens in the next day or so. We've been in the 50s and 60s, which will make it necessary to look for our winter coats.

One of my sisters lives in the Dallas area and she said yesterday was quite an icy mess. She had to go to the airport to pick up a friend yesterday afternoon. She said when she left, it was just beginning to mist. By the time she dropped her girlfriend off at her home, the tree limbs, etc. were coated with ice and the roads were getting nasty.

I'd rather have snow any day. Never had a problem when I lived in far northern Minnesota. When the first snowflake or bit of ice appears here people freak out..."Abandon your cars NOW!" We had snow from October to April up north and nothing stopped because of it.