"Ichy Butt" Chinese food.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Timothy

Head Chef
I picked up my meal at a Chinese fast food place last night and saw something I wish I hadn't.

The cook was tending to a meal he was stirfrying, and reached around, and stuck his fingers into his butt-crack for a scratch.

His fingers disappeared up to the second knuckle.

OMG! That's just nasty!

Ok, sure, there was a layer of cloth between his fingers and what he was scratching, but it's still nasty.

rofl, s.l.o.b.!!!! :ROFLMAO:

i've seen cooks do that several times, or pick their nose, or something like that and i just walked out. that's why i try to delay paying for takeout until it's ready to go. you can't go back when you do that, but not that i'd want to.

the worst i've walked out on lately was an asian cook stopped mopping the floor (which he ringed the mop by hand), wiped his hands briefly on his dirty apron and started cooking my food.

rofl, s.l.o.b.!!!! :ROFLMAO:

i've seen cooks do that several times, or pick their nose, or something like that and i just walked out. that's why i try to delay paying for takeout until it's ready to go. you can't go back when you do that, but not that i'd want to.

the worst i've walked out on lately was an asian cook stopped mopping the floor (which he ringed the mop by hand), wiped his hands briefly on his dirty apron and started cooking my food.

I watched that hand closely while he cooked. It touched nothing but the handle of the Wok.

If it had touched anything else, I would have called the Manager over.

We take a chance everytime we eat out. I remember at a Subway, the touched a broom handle then answered the phone all while wearing gloves. She did just what i thought she'd do, she started fixing my sandwich without changing her gloves. I called her on it and she changed them. There is no telling what we're eating when we eat out. Just no telling..........

Watched a local pizza guy with his hands in his pants pockets, then taking them out to crush a bunch of corn chips to spread on a taco pizza. Hope his pockets didn't contain what mine usually do, spare change, keys, and used kleenex! Yuck!

I expect these things from fast food restaurants. Do you think I'm being idealistic in expecting that proper restaurants are any better?

Now you all know why I prefer cooking my own food. At least when I cook my own I know for sure what went into the dish, know what cleanliness standards were met. And I'll admit I'm a bit of a germophobe. I'm really picky even when I'm cooking food for just myself, even more picky when I have guests. (I don't return the tasting spoon to the pot unless I'm cooking just for myself.)

Are there any other germophobes out there?

I'm not a "germophobe" but I do believe in things being as clean as possible when I'm cooking and nursing (my profession and feeding babies). If we are out in the woods and my hands get dirty while I'm cooking, I wipe them on my pants to get the obvious dirt off.

If I saw any of these things mentioned in the thread, you can bet I would leave at once.

What grosses me out is at a local bagel joint near me.........the folks wear gloves while fixing the food just like their supposed to but they handle the money with the gloves too......then move on to the next person, without putting on new gloves. Having worked in the banking field, I KNOW how dirty money is..........EWWWWW :sick:

So much of our restaurant food is prepared by people who simply don't have the concept of basic hygiene. At one local restaurant I loved their salad meals for lunch. But then, twice, I got sick (not violently so, but a day of intestinal distress) when everyone else in our party (who didn't have a salad meal) felt fine. We quit going there. A shame, because I really loved their salad meals. But obviously, someone who handled the raw food wasn't washing their hands, or the place had a supplier that wasn't great (the latter is highly unlikely, we have a limited number of suppliers; I never got sick after anyone else in town's salads).

So much of our restaurant food is prepared by people who simply don't have the concept of basic hygiene.

Yeah, either don't have or don't care. Even at the best restaurants there's a bottom layer of minimum wage earners to not have or not care, even if the sous chefs and above care. You can't follow the hired help into the bathroom to make sure they wash their hands after.

:LOL: at about 18 yrs old I got a job driving coaches for a holiday company in San Antonio Ibiza. They had just finished a brand new hotel that boasted an olympic size pool.We went to the airport and picked up the first victims, they checked in and got changed and came down to the pool.We stood down and sunbathing a load scream rang out, the pool side toilets had been connected to the system:LOL::LOL:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom