"If" I Did It?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Why will the book sell?
Why do people slow down and look at accidents on the freeway?

Same reason, curiosity!!!

This is in such poor taste for a 'news' program. I guess Fox aspires to reach National Enquirer heights. Very sad.

FOX is/has, always wanted to be "edgy", but this whole thig takes it to another level.

Unfortunately, like most negative things in the press, it will just lead to more sales and probably a movie deal. It is a shame that that is the "mentality" of people that support this type of thing, but I guess that is the world we live in today...?

GB said:
If I am not mistaken, the publishing company that is putting out the book is owned by Fox.

I was watching Fox & Friends this morning and Geraldo Rivera was on and saying ashamed he is for being associated with sister company that would even let that book get out.

I might not have quoted that properly, so if someone else saw it, please chime in. :)

Any earned income has to go to pay Niclole's family and the Goldman's, doesn't it?

Half Baked said:
Any earned income has to go to pay Niclole's family and the Goldman's, doesn't it?

I think OJ lives in FLA which has very lenient laws regarding debtors. I do not think any proceeds will have to be paid to the Goldmans or Browns. This is why he relocated from Calf to FLA years ago. FLA is a debtor friendly state.

hearing of this just makes me sad and also angry on how messed up
our judicial system is. i think he needs to take the word if out.

I just heard on the news that the proceeds go to his children. They'll need it for therapy.

His daughter has been in trouble with the law a couple of times, but I don't remember what the charge was. I don't think Florida is a debtor friendly state, but we may have different laws on what is allowed in an estate. I don't know anyone who wants him in Florida except those hangers-on who he probably pays their way. He gets an NFL pension and another income, but I don't think they can be attached. I wish they'd take everything from him. Remember he tried to put something in California in his mother's name to escape losing that.

Don't usually watch O'Reilly, Run Out, but I did catch Geraldo on the FoxNews channel yesterday afternoon ripping OJ a new one. Don't know if he said anything about Rupert's other channel or not.

Mudbug, that is the best news I have heard in along time!

The media was really having a field day with this one. Everyone seemed to be of the same oppinion, the whole thing is/was a very disspicable. The fact that the notion was even entertained is apauling in its self.

mudbug said:
http://www.breitbart.com/news/2006/11/20/D8LH1KAG0.html

No worries. All gone now. Go find another way to make money, a$$h...

Yes, I heard this was cancelled. I guess its a good thing, I do believe you shouldn't profit from a horrible crime and it's offensive to the families of the victims. But does anyone think its censorship? Anyone can write a book on anything they want as long as its "fiction" right? The public can always choose not to buy it.

I don't know how I really feel about this cancellation. I think money talks and many sponsors and viewers would have boycotted the publishing company and news program, I probably would have. I think it was cancelled because of economic factors, not because the companies behind it felt it was the morally correct thing to do.

Back
Top Bottom