If I Ruled The World...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cooking Goddess

Chef Extraordinaire
...my TV remote would work on the dog(s) next door when they bark and bark and bark for hours.

*** What would YOU do if you could make anything do what you would want? You know you wish that __________ could happen. ;)

If I ruled the world, nobody would ever have to go to a nursing home. They would get to stay in their own home and have the care they deserve.

Now that is a good one PF.

So much better than mine. Its been a very trying week. I'll try again when I'm not tired and cranky!

BTW, this is a great idea for a thread CG.

Now that is a good one PF.

So much better than mine. Its been a very trying week. I'll try again when I'm not tired and cranky!

BTW, this is a great idea for a thread CG.

Thanks jh! The idea isn't originally mine. I got the idea from one of my favorite Christine Lavin songs: If I Ruled the World She has lots of great ideas!

And "tired and cranky" can lead to some of the best wishes! ;) Hope next week is better for you.

j, a week?

pf, deserve is an interesting concept.

if i ruled the world, we'd all understand how each other thinks and feels at all times.

isn't that sort of the definition of heaven?

if reality is a collection of asynchronous personal perspectives, then heaven is mashing all of them together so everyone understands each other, and therefore can be no discord. just harmony if the greatest sort.

The first thing that came to my mind if I ruled the world is that I would rid the earth of green peppers. Don't ask me why I chose that over so much more important stuff but that's what I'm going to go with.

I am so sorry you had a tough week at work PF.

...my TV remote would work on the dog(s) next door when they bark and bark and bark for hours.

:

I don't know what I would do if I ruled the world, but as far as dogs go, I know my neighbors called police on my dog, and he never barked. There are special companies that train dogs not to bark, maybe your neighbors would be willing to train the dogs.

If I ruled the world, I would make it law that everyone had to have a conscience. That way they would do no wrong unto others. They would think before they acted. :angel:

I don't know what I would do if I ruled the world, but as far as dogs go, I know my neighbors called police on my dog, and he never barked. There are special companies that train dogs not to bark, maybe your neighbors would be willing to train the dogs.

Unfortunately Charlie, it's more like the NEIGHBORS can't learn. She's a witch, only earlier in the alphabet, and he is nice enough but doesn't run the place, she does. There have been two instances of them being on the verge of foreclosure (our local paper lists them in the legal section) and even though I hate for bad things to happen to people I was pretty much hoping they would have to move. Yard would be maintained for neighborhood appearances because we and the neighbors on the other side of these people would keep the grass cut. Our friends on the other side of the barking dogs hopes they move too. Not sure there is anyone on our street that would miss them...

If I ruled the world I would make it mandatory that every parent MUST read to their children starting at 1 year up until at least 10. Can you imagine what that would do for the education system, not to mention parenting!

20 minutes per day at least.

Last edited:
Unfortunately Charlie, it's more like the NEIGHBORS can't learn. She's a witch, only earlier in the alphabet, and he is nice enough but doesn't run the place, she does. There have been two instances of them being on the verge of foreclosure (our local paper lists them in the legal section) and even though I hate for bad things to happen to people I was pretty much hoping they would have to move. Yard would be maintained for neighborhood appearances because we and the neighbors on the other side of these people would keep the grass cut. Our friends on the other side of the barking dogs hopes they move too. Not sure there is anyone on our street that would miss them...

CG....we had a similar issue in our neighborhood, the "tenants" (with 5 barking at all hours, pooping in my yard dogs)finally moved, but now the owners have moved back in and aren't a whole lot better. We maintain our yard and the vacant lot next door and their yard looks like the "city dump"! We look out on to it from our decks :(

If I ruled the world, there would be so MANY rules! And everyone would follow them!

Last edited:
If I ruled the world I will not do any work just ordered others to do work for me. (and gradually become fattest woman)

If I ruled the world I would make it mandatory that every parent MUST read to their children starting at 1 year up until at least 10. Can you imagine what that would do for the education system, not to mention parenting!

20 minutes per day at least.

+ infinity!!!

i started reading to my boy as soon as he was able to sit up.

it was "my job" when he was small, along with nightly bathing, since dw was swamped taking care of her mom.

i kept gong every night through when he was in first grade. even when i worked 8am to midnights every saturday, i'd take my combned dinner hours on the double dhift and race home around 7pm, bathe him and read to him (check out old posts) thrn race back into work because it was so important.

well, if any young parents are reading this, or caregivers of young kids, the proof is in the pudding.

my boy has been student of the month every year since kindergarten, and the student of the year last year.

he's in the gifted/talented class this year, student of thhe month twice, and in the running for another student of the year.

he just has to take down gabby, that perfect little @#$%* that has no life except for school. lol.

j/k.

but today, my boy has state testing for proficiency, and i told him to take his test, relax, then check it over to find any mistakes to correct them. just like pitching an inning, or skiing a run, or even planting veggies with me. it's all about? thinking about the subject at hand.

these disciplines begin with reading and thinking about how things work.

he said that he found a few mistskes today and fixed them after checking twice. i was so happy.

it all goes back to early cognitive development.

no minute is wasted when teaching a child anything.

believe me, i'm not bragging. it'just a statement of how things work.

i can back it up by how the boys on my baseball team and cub scout pack act.

teach them to read and realate it to practical ecperience, and you've passed on knowledge, not just a story.

Last edited:
Reading to your kids is important for development and for bonding.

One of my fondest memories is of reading to my daughters. They both have developed a love for reading and always have a book going.

Back
Top Bottom