If you could choose a line from a song that defined your life?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
mish said:
I can't imagine being 22 & summing up life with the smell of hospitals. Guess I should count my blessings. Hopefully there will be a healthy long life ahead of you (without hospitals) & many good things to reflect back on & the goals that you've achieved.

thanks, mish.
psst.... i'm 24 but you're the 2nd person who's thought i was 22 and that can only be a good thing.:LOL:

Its been a long road.....Getting from there to here.....Its been a long time,But my time is finally near, I feel a change in the wind right now....Nothings in my way, And their not going to hold me down no more, No their not going to hold me down, Cause I got Faith of the Heart, Going where my heart will take me, I got faith to believe, I can do anything, I got Strength of the soul, No ones going to bend or break me.....I can reach any star, I got faith..I got faith, Faith of the heart !

"Faith of the Heart" By Rod Stewart or Russell Watson

"Happy Birthday Middie"
"May God Bless You TODAY"
"Have A Maidrite Day"

Attachments

• quote_our_name.gif
    quote_our_name.gif
    2.3 KB · Views: 103
there are MANY facets. here is just one:

And so it is
Just like you said it would be
Life goes easy on me
.Most of the time
And so it is

The shorter story
No love, no glory
No hero in her skies

Blowers Daughter - Damien Rice

SizzlininIN said:
Hmmmm......I can't think of any right off that could even come close to defining my life. If there's a song out there about a roller coaster ride then thats the one for me.

I understand that feeling Sizz...I'd just like to get off and have a little stablity in my life right now.
Marge

I'll have to think about what song line defines my life now. Before I met my sweetie it was a song by (I think) Leann Womack called Unknown. The line was, "I don't want to be unknown." Basically it was about a woman who wanted someone to know that she liked her coffee black, what her favorite song was, etc. Someone to know and care what happened to her. Now I have that, so my song has changed. :cool:

:) Barbara

This one became a favorite rather late in life: In My Life, by he Beatles

There are places I remember, all my life ...
Though some have changed,
some forever, not for better, some have gone and some remain.

In my life, I'll love you more.

I was well over 40 when I really listened to the words, really listened to them and realized how much they summed up my life. Wonderful friends, great life. And I'm only 50 -- so much more! The song talks about lovers and friends. What more can a person want in life?

Claire said:
I was well over 40 when I really listened to the words, really listened to them and realized how much they summed up my life

i was younger when i first really, truly heard the words in a song, but when i did i wasn't so sure i wouldn't weep.

Claire said:
This one became a favorite rather late in life: In My Life, by he Beatles

There are places I remember, all my life ...
Though some have changed,
some forever, not for better, some have gone and some remain.

In my life, I'll love you more.

I was well over 40 when I really listened to the words, really listened to them and realized how much they summed up my life. Wonderful friends, great life. And I'm only 50 -- so much more! The song talks about lovers and friends. What more can a person want in life?

Claire, I've often thought I want this one played at my funeral.

Oh, lord; do not invite me to your funeral (haha) I'll cry enough to make mud. I actually paid attention to the song when I bought the sontrack to a movie Bette Midler was in and she sang it. Then I went, "Hey, isnt that a Beatles song?" and got out that CD. Sometimes we really don't listen to the lyrics to a song. I THOUGHT I learned to do it as a teen when I'd have arguments with my mother about music! As the eldest, frumpy, thick-glasses-wearing, clumsy, tallest of four girls, I found myself defending the music of my three younger sisters. Once it was hand-writing out the words to "Let it Be" (good greif, when you write it out, it sounds like a hymn). The most memorable was when I spent a couple of hours in the kitchen with my mother arguing out the lyrics to "Jesus Christ, Superstar" because my baby sis' flamenco/classical guitar teacher was teaching it to her. To this day, Mom loves these memories (I was such a goody-two-shoes that this was a huge issue in my teens (late 60s, early 70s). Mom, BTW, is quite liberal, and always was (much more so than me). Some of these things just stepped on her religious upbringing, I guess.

I don't remember who sang it, but I suppose mine could be summed up in the song "What I did for love". "Kiss today goodbye - and point me toward tomorrow" (don't remember most of the words, but the title seems to fit my life).

licia said:
I don't remember who sang it, but I suppose mine could be summed up in the song "What I did for love". "Kiss today goodbye - and point me toward tomorrow" (don't remember most of the words, but the title seems to fit my life).
I just took a quick look around, the song is from the musical "chorus line", the lyric written by Edward Kleban. Here is the entire Lyric...

What I Did For Love (Song Lyric)
Music by Marvin Hamlisch and Lyrics composed by Edward Kleban.
From the musical "A Chorus Line."

DIANA:
Kiss today goodbye,
The sweetness and the sorrow.
Wish me luck, the same to you,
But I can't regret what I did for love
What I did for love.

Look, my eyes are dry.
The gift was ours to borrow.
It's as if we always knew,
And I won't forget what I did for love,
What I did for love.

Gone,
Love is never gone.
As we travel on,
Love's what we'll remember.

Kiss today goodbye,
And point me toward tomorrow.
We did what we had to do.
Won't forget, can't regret
What I did for love.

ALL:
What I did for love.

DIANA:
What I did for.

ALL:
Love
Love is never gone.
As we travel on.
Love's what we'll remember.
Kiss today good bye.

DIANA:
And point me toward tomorrow.

ALL:
Point me toward tomorrow.
We did what we had to do.
Won't forget. Can't regret.
What I did for love
What I did for love.

DIANA:
What I did for.

ALL:
Love

One Moment In Time

Each day I live
I want to be
A day to give
The best of me
I'm only one
But not alone
My finest day
Is yet unknown

I broke my heart
Fought every gain
To taste the sweet
I face the pain
I rise and fall
Yet through it all
This much remains

I want one moment in time
When I'm more than I thought I could be
When all of my dreams are a heartbeat away
And the answers are all up to me
Give me one moment in time
When I'm racing with destiny
Then in that one moment of time
I will feel
I will feel eternity

I've lived to be
The very best
I want it all
No time for less
I've laid the plans
Now lay the chance
Here in my hands

I will feel
I will feel eternity

You're a winner for a lifetime
If you seize that one moment in time
Make it shine

I will be
I will be
I will be free
I will be
I will be free

I'm going to have to think about that too...great topic, Luvs!

I must say I got rather teary reading some of those lyrics!

This is a hard question, but the first song that came to mind was Aaliyah - Try Again

"[size=-1]If at first you don't succeed, dust yourself off and try again"

I'm a perfectionist and I can be pretty hard on myself when I don't get things right. So I guess it just gives me faith.
[/size]

Claire, there was a time in my life when I thought that every moment was personified by song lyrics (same time period as you - must be a boomer thing)!

it's not a boomer thing, mud- we can all identify with song lyrics. you can't deny that.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom