If you could choose a line from a song that defined your life?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It's an old, old song that Gary Morris sung (I think he was a country singer)

Draggin' the Lake For the Moon

Not the title but the song Fallen sung by Lauren Wood - I'm still smitten with my husband and if I could sing I would sing this to him - instead I just put it on a CD for him lol

I also don't think it's a boomer thing, but that everyone chooses one, even if it is simply "our song" which I think most couples have of any era. Now that we're talking songs that sort of sum up our lives now -- well, I'm 50, and didn't "discover" this song until recent years, although I was familiar with it. "Our song" has more to a memory of a certain occaision. The personal anthem I think you need to be older to select, and has more to do with poetry than the melody or a specific memory -- the words mean something.

licia said:
What is a navel gazer? Am I dense or what?

navel gazer = it's all about me, because I am endlessly fascinating.

Many boomers drank this Kool Aid served up by the media ever since the GIs came home from WW2 and all started families at the same time.

mudbug said:
navel gazer = it's all about me, because I am endlessly fascinating.

I always thought it meant - contemplating one's navel. :LOL:

"Endlessly fascinating." I like it. Can I borrow that one, Mud.

I'm stealing the line "I'm endlessly facinating" and see if anyone believes it! Wait - I already know the answer to that - never mind. I never heard that term - kinda cute.

Back
Top Bottom