If you could give 1 person 1 gift that only lasts 1 day...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

buckytom

Chef Extraordinaire
I was listening to a bit on NPR today about a child-like robot that asks people questions in a very innocent way in order to study their responses.

One of the questions the robot asked was if you could give 1 person a gift, any gift, who would it be to, and what would it be?

I thought it could be a pretty cool thread to ask folks here. And for purposes of reason, the gift could be to anyone, but only lasts one day.

So, I'll start. I would give my wife a day to be with her mother again. A day when her mother was young and healthy, and they could go shopping together, get their hair and nails done, and then cook dinner together.

What would be your gift, and to whom?

I can't answer that question fairly because my one true wish would be to grant me the ability to bestow peace on my loved ones both past and present. If that was bestowed then they could not help but know it for the rest of their lives, therefore it could not disappear in 1 day.

I'd give the gift to my husband.

Just one day of not struggling along coping with the brain damage that's cost him so much in many ways.

Munky.

I would give my loved ones a day with my chronic disease, why? Just so they could understand.

I would give to my dear, devoted father-in-law the gift of one more day with his wife, when they were both young and care-free, so that would be his last memory of her as he begins his new life as a widower.

Well, honestly I can't give anyone a gift of no pain, or of understanding pain they've caused, or the gift of reliving an earlier part of their life.

I can only give them my time or some things. I'd choose to give them some of the cheese I made, and I did (8 families), and hopefully it lasted for more than a day. It shared my joy and something to please them and to feed them. I give my DH a day of my time, one day at a time. There is a lot of laughter and satisfaction in that.

Well, honestly I can't give anyone a gift of no pain, or of understanding pain they've caused, or the gift of reliving an earlier part of their life.

Pretend you released a genie from their prison and they granted you one magic wish.
florida-cocoa-beach-jeannie-tony-bottle-3.jpg

A memory. Of something or someone to keep and hold far longer than the day itself. That is not cheating at this game.

Right now i am thinking of our two grand kids (2 1/2+1 1/2) and one other same age toddler playing in Grandma's bird bath. Bright sunny day. Birdbath is situated in the middle of a flower garden just off a winding path. Kids are happily going round and round splashing each other, trampling the flowers as they go, absolute laughter and delightful screams. The youngest wasn't even tall enough to see where the water was or what the fun was all about, just mimicking the other two, he could barely reach the water above his head and run circles with the other two. One of the parents or another wanted to put a stop to it, and Dx and I both said Stop. To the parent. Yes, the flowers were all trampled. And replaced. Some body got it on video. Hurray.

Pretend you released a genie from their prison and they granted you one magic wish.
View attachment 29265

I've been askimg my wife to dress like I Dream Of Jeannie for years.

For Halloween, of course.. :cool:

She doesn't even have to call me master...

It's interesting that most of us would use it just to spend time with loved ones, and good health. That's really saying something.

Well, except for whiskas cool idea of a memory.

And CP's wishing pain and understanding.

Of course, being the smartass that I am, I did have to wonder what I could give to my ex-wife, with the knowledge that it would be taken away 24-hours later. :devilish:

CD

It is 12 years since I had a pain free day, 1 pain free day and I remember it well. That was the first pain free day in 14 years.

Back
Top Bottom