If you could go back in time..

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LadyCook61

Master Chef
Where would you like to be in the past ? What brought this question up ? I was reading Timeline :) a book by Michael Crichton and got me thinking what if there was a time machine or a way to visit the past ?

I would go back to 1990 and hound my mom into going to another dr that wouldn't just sit there and talk, but, would LISTEN and start testing her for Cancer!!! Maybe she would still be here, maybe she wouldn't, but, I would love the chance to see if it would have helped.

I think I would have to go back and meet my dad, of course, not at 3, or I wouldn't remember again, lol

I would go back in time and try and get my mom to leave my dad while me and my brother were still young. Maybe by seeing the future it would finally have convinced her. Failing that, I would tell myself to not be afraid and tell the social worker what really happened...

Too many to pick, LadyCook. I have some wonderful memories, and not surprisingly, most involve a meal and/or music. And like texasgirl, alot would include my mom.

There are so many time periods I would love to visit! Of course I would love to go back into my own past, but I will overlook that for now. I guess my first stop would be colonial America. I would actually love to visit all the major historical milestone years/places.

:)Barbara

:) I would love to go to Medieval Europe and the early Colonial America there are more I just need to think about it. I would for sure like to go to my ancestors in England and Germany. I have the genealogy on my fathers side that dates to 1199 England and the relatives that immigrated to America in the early colonizations and my mothers side down to the 1700s Germany it would have been earlier but the court house burned down at that time.

There are a few:

1968: I'd like to go there and meet Elvis Presley. My 20 month old son is obsessed with watching our Elvis DVD, so after watching that for about 5 hours every day I too have developed a bit of a thing for him and Elvis has lately appeared in about 3 dreams during the night.

1975: My mum's dad died 2 years before I was born in 1977, and I would have loved to meet him, he sounded like a nice guy.

About 1790: I would love to have met Mozart (as in Wolfgang). What a brilliant man he must have been.

That's all I can think of for now.

:) I would love to go to Medieval Europe and the early Colonial America there are more I just need to think about it. I would for sure like to go to my ancestors in England and Germany. I have the genealogy on my fathers side that dates to 1199 England and the relatives that immigrated to America in the early colonizations and my mothers side down to the 1700s Germany it would have been earlier but the court house burned down at that time.

:) Oh, and yes I would prefer to be invisible as I am sure I would be burned at the stake in all three countries with in two weeks due to my big mouth and loud opinions.:LOL:

I would go back to going into labor with my DD....I'm not kidding!:wub:
It was such a special night for me, and since I had a c-section, not much pain. I wish I could re-live it all!

if you could go back in time

1981 the year I was studying in futher education with a bunch of allsorts in a building that was eventally demolished in the city to make way for a Target store and high rise carpark. We called ourselves "The Unemployed Bum's of 1981".:LOL:

Interview ancestors

:chef: I would interview my deceased relatives. I've spent years doing research on my family tree mostly through public records. It would be great to talk to them and learn about their lives. I would bring along a camera to take their pictures.

I'd also love to spend time in their kitchens seeing how and what they cooked. :chef:

Go back to a point in time when people on the dole weren't so snotty about picking the taxpayers' pocket, people weren't quaking in their boots about lard, lead, etc, doctors made house calls, college students made enough dough to pay their way through college without student loans and both a beer and a hotdog were each a nickel.

I'm with you, JP. I would like to see firsthand Viking, Mayan, Aztec, and Medieval European cultures. There are so many mysteries and theories that we have no way to confirm or disprove currently but it's fascinating.

I'm with you, JP. I would like to see firsthand Viking, Mayan, Aztec, and Medieval European cultures. There are so many mysteries and theories that we have no way to confirm or disprove currently but it's fascinating.

:) You are so right and I would like to include medieval Japan. You are right on the Vikings they fascinate me to no end. I believe I was Celt at some point in my life. As I mentioned before I would like to be invisible during the so called witch burnings as I believe I would be one of the first to go with my present personality.;)
When I was about 12 years old I told my mother that the reason I can not stand anyone touching my belly button is because I got shot with an arrow right through my belly button during the Medieval Era have no idea why I said that.To this day I still get creeped out over my belly button.
I do know I have Scot blood which is why I think Bag Pipes give me goose bumps and make me teary. I know sounds crazy but I think we all have cell memories from our ancestors.

I used to study Japanese history as a hobby, JP. I was totally enchanted with "The Tale of Genji" so I'm with you there, too, JP. Heck, I think we need to vacation together!

I used to study Japanese history as a hobby, JP. I was totally enchanted with "The Tale of Genji" so I'm with you there, too, JP. Heck, I think we need to vacation together!

:) Heck ya, sounds like a great idea. I actually have a brother who is 1/2 Japanese and 1/2 German his name is Shigeo. So what did you think of the movie The last Samurai? I thought it was great and possibly right n as far as the history goes

:) Heck ya, sounds like a great idea. I actually have a brother who is 1/2 Japanese and 1/2 German his name is Shigeo. So what did you think of the movie The last Samurai? I thought it was great and possibly right n as far as the history goes
I liked it a lot, especially the sets. But it was the "Shogun" miniseries that really got me hooked. I've read the book more times than I can remember and I was blown away when I discovered it was historically accurate.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom