If you could go back in time..

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
While I have to agree with mikki and Fisher's Mom that I would gladly give up my time travel to Katie, if I was to go it would be to the last two years of my Mom's life and see if I could have changed things in our relationship.

I liked it a lot, especially the sets. But it was the "Shogun" miniseries that really got me hooked. I've read the book more times than I can remember and I was blown away when I discovered it was historically accurate.
:) Loved that one to haven't seen it in ages.

I would not be able to pick one time. There are so many things I would love to see. I would basically want to go back for each decade prior to the 80's. One of my first stops would be the roaring 20's. I have always thought that time period was fascinating. The 60's would be high on my list too. I always felt like I was born in the wrong time and should have been a child of the 60's. I would want to go back to ancient Egypt, back to the time of the dinosaurs, back to the time of Aristotle and and other great scholars of that time, back to 1700 and 1800's England. I could go on and on and on. I do not think there is a time period or place I would not want to experience, which the exception of any of the wars or great illnesses.

Before 14 January 2008 that was the morning my baby 11years old was hit by a truck was hit by a truck waiting for his school bus and was killed. I miss his loud and boisterous little life.

In my life...the day before I met Paul. I'd love to do it all over again. Happy days!

In history... I'd love to have a sampling of all the major times frames... good and bad and from different peoples points of view, NOT just a white womans. It all had to be so different depending on race and gender.

Before 14 January 2008 that was the morning my baby 11years old was hit by a truck was hit by a truck waiting for his school bus and was killed. I miss his loud and boisterous little life.
I'm so sorry for your loss.
hugs,
LC

I loved Shogun too! I have seen the mini-series twice and have read the book at least twice.

:)Barbara
Wasn't it amazing? I was so sad when James Clavel died because I always hoped he would write a "sequel" to Shogun. (There was much more to the story of the shogun and the barbarian.) I have read his other "asia novels" but none of them captured me like Shogun.

There is nothing harder than the loss of your child, africhef. I hope the days are getting a little easier for you and that someday soon you'll be able to think of your special boy without the pain in your heart and the tears in your eyes. I went to your site and look forward to reading bout him.

I used to think I would like to go back in time... waaaaaaaaaay back, like to the days of the Essenes. Lately, tho, I would only be interested if they had modern plumbing.... :rolleyes:

Oh my goodness, AFrichef! what a horrible tragedy.

I'm sending you hugs.

One of my dear friends lost his 32-year-old daughter in a drive-by shooting last June. A case of mistaken identity, but nothing can bring her back... and she was found by her two kids, 5 and 9.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom