If you could have dinner with anyone...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
who would it be and why!
This can be anyone at all, famous or not, relative, or fictitious.
I'm not going to go first, because I don't want to influence anyone answer.

It would have to be one of my ancestors, to solve a genealogical mystery. I know I am descended from the emigrant Gabriel LaBoyteaux, who arrived on the east coast in 1685, as a direct result of the revocation of the Edict of Nantes, (the religious wars started up again in Europe.) I also know I am descended from Gabriels' grandson, Captain John, who was killed in the Revolutionary War. Captain Johns descendents, my ancestors, were granted land in the Northwest Territory, later named, Ohio. So I want to have dinner with Captain Johns son and ask him who he is. I can prove I am descended from one of the Captains grandsons', just can't prove the generation in between. The vital records to prove the link were destroyed by fire in the War of 1812.

You got me thinking family, Beth!

I'd like to sit down with my 8th Great Grandfather, Captain Kenneth Hankinson. He served directly with Gen. Washington in the Revolutionary war, and is buried down in South Jersey.

He signed his name with a mark, so he was illiterate, but obviously very smart because he amassed a small fortune in land and goods for those times. I've been told he is in the painting of Washington Crossing the Delaware!

When this thread first started. my first thought was of my parents..I still feel that way, but, if I was given a second chance, I believe I'd say, any one of my DC family..You could hand me a peanut butter and jelly sammi and I'd be happy..Why, because we would have the chance to get to know each other better and form a friendship that would be deep and lasting. You all have wonderful ideas and love of making others happy, I feel friendship is one of the reasons we look forward to each day...
kadesma:)

kades, when i met barbara & james, & we got primanti's sammiches, it was pricless to meet these 2 & dine together.

i still have a little squirm in my stomach when i think of a discusscooking picnic! probably would be a great day together!

Wow, babe! That's the same menu Buck would enjoy! At first I thought you were talking about what to serve to him. Chicken fried steak was one of his favorites.

that is very interesting, katie. should have made it clear that Del was his name. he loved my cooking, but was not one to try new things. i did em anyway for myself and kids, they both eat most anything. he also loved a good pot roast. sometimes it was boring, but he was easy to please. sounds like the two would have been friends. i miss him so much as i know u miss buck.

I will dine with my sister-in-law Mrs. Sangeeta Phukan, because our choice of food and the amount of food we take are same. And we also gossip about many things while eating.

My friend Bev, who's been my best friend since we were 4 years old. I lived in the flat above my dad's greengrocer shop...she lived in the house behind...she had a garden with a swing...we didn't have a garden...need I say more lol
& she's coming to mine for dinner Friday night! Always a pleasure!

Back
Top Bottom