If you could move anywhere...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

PA Baker

Master Chef
I guess DH and I are in a slump because we haven't traveled for over a year and a half (we both used to have jobs where we traveled a lot) and we're a bit restless so we got to dreaming last night about where we'd move if we could go anywhere.

So...if you could move anywhere--in your own country or anywhere in the world--keeping in mind you'd still have to work in some capacity and have an income, where would you go?

San Teodoro, Sardinia during the summer months, Bologna during the cooler period of the year.

(I would have just said Sardinia period, but everyone says it is not very nice there during the winter... then, we could relocate to Bologna, Cris's favourite city in Italy after the summer...)

All provided that Cris can arrange his work to be done entirely on remote administrator:) ... or we can always open an ice cream shop in Sardinia, people there are not very good at making top quality ice creams:-p

Well, let's see - I'd move to Port Angeles, Washington and buy a house built high enough and with a gorgeous view of the Straits of Juan de Fuca and watch the ships from all over the world sail by. The house must also have room to park a 5th wheel.

AND, that's exactly what we did about six months ago!! :D It's just fascinating to see all the ships on the straits. We have wanderlust also, so the 5th wheel is being packed up as we speak and we leave tomorrow a.m. for a month swing thru Montana, Idaho, Colorado, Oregon..... with lots of stops in Eastern Washington at the wineries!!!!!:rolleyes:

I'd love to live on Maui, it's still my favorite vaca spot. As for work, it really doesn't matter as long as I can stay busy.

hmmmm TUFF one... cause I just moved from Washington State to Ontario Canada... and you WOULD NOT believe all the challenges... from cooking ingredients.. oz to kilograms, gallons to liters, ( btw gas is 109 a LITER here ick) paying 14% sales tax on everything. Air quality.. the list goes on.. sooo to have to get up and move again... in the near future?? na nah LOL Wouldn't mind visiting Australia tho. :)

I love the home we just bought in November!
So, rather than relocating, I'd rather do the following:
move dh's work here (he's currently got a 1-1/2 hr. commute each way)
move my parents & sister to this area
and, while I'm at it, I'll take some snow in the winter too.

We moved to Utah to be near my son, and to escape the heat, humidity and pollution of Houston. We landed in a beautiful custom, contemporary home on the side of a mountain looking into a canyon. The view is great.

If you are not Mormon, however, steer clear of this place. From the totally absurd liquor laws to the church run executive, legislative, and judiciary systems...they are in charge, don't care if you know it, and if you don't like it leave...
We are.

jkath said:
and, while I'm at it, I'll take some snow in the winter too.

img_298661_0_c6eb08a48c493200f096ca872eec147b.jpg

HEY wake up bud!! Jkath is going to trade her sunny beach for this frozen stuff!!

I have lived and worked in many great places from the south of Spain to Australia to northern New England. Each had its appeal. I loved the culture of Andalucia, the people of Australia and the breathtaking beauty of Vermont... but I've been there, done that. If I had to pick a place and move it would have to be somewhere NOT cold... I've always been intrigued by Belize and Guatamala but have never been... so I guess I'll say that.

That said, I love it here in Vegas and don't plan to move any time soon.

I'd love to get away...to get a fresh start in my new life...just not sure where I would go. Maybe Western Pennsylvania. I lived there as a child and was fascinated by the friendliness of the folks.

I'd pick the south of France, or Hawaii.

But seriously, my hubby and I are moving to Austin TX next spring. We were debating between Tucson or Austin and Austin won out. We are tired of the cold winters and general bad weather here in northern KY.

jkath said:
I'll take it, I'll take it!!!!

Now...where do I send the beach?
(here's where I grew up)

Wow, such a beautiful beach... now you let everyone see it, you will probably have to send it out to many many addresses!!

funny thing tho' - I never really cared for the beach! This area is in Santa Barbara, within walking distance of my parents' house (which they built and have lived in since '61)

Maybe Costa Rica. The weather there is in the 70s all year round. Definitely someplace tropical, like the Caribbean. Island living sounds great to me.

vagriller said:
Maybe Costa Rica. The weather there is in the 70s all year round. Definitely someplace tropical, like the Caribbean. Island living sounds great to me.

When I went to Costa Rica, it was 106 in shade! Their seasons are opposite of ours. I was there in late May. I was on the Pacific coast too. I think it might be in only the 70s in the very high elevations but its also extremely humid there (rain forest). It is a very lovely part of the world.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom