If you created a 5 buck meatball, what would be in it???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
beef veal and pork, fresh roughcut sourdough wholewheat breadcrumbs, asiago and parmesan chesses, fresh thyme and parsley, double yolk eggs, and after being browned, it would be braised in a spicy marinara. I don't think you can do better than this except:

venison and pork with mashed potato, allspice, pasrsley, egg. brown and braise in broth.

(1st Italian, 2nd Swedish)

Funny, I made spaghetti and meatballs for family meal at work today. We had recieved a sample of American-raised Kobe beef, which I ground up, along with a little extra ribeye meat/fat from normal beef, and made the meatballs. Very simple, just S+P, some bread crumbs and an egg to bind. Seared them, then tossed them into a sauce I whipped up out of some extra heirloom tomatoes we had lying around, containing basil, oregano, S+P, and some red pepper flakes. Served it all with garlic bread and deep-fried polenta scraps.

It was quite a feast.

Mine would also have pork, beef, and veal (in that order) along with milk, eggs, bread crumbs, Parmesan, garlic, assorted dried herbs and VERY carefully shaped into roughly a baseball size, browned carefully on all sides (they don't want to stay round when they are this big) and finished in the oven. I would not use a marinara but would use a portobello mushroom gravy with cream and bourbon in it.

just one meatball eh?

pork and veal mixed with sautéed onion and garlic, cinnamon, cloves, nutmeg, dry mustard, salt and pepper...

I'd roll the meatball in flour and brown evenly in hot pork fat in a small Le Creuset cocotte or Dutch oven. Once nice and brown I'd remove the meatball and set aside, discard all but 1 Tbsp of fat, and slowly add 1 to 2 cups of broth to the pot scraping up the brown bits. I'd then add sprigs of savory, return the meatball to the pot and slowly simmer/braise (covered) til done, turning the meatball once. To finish I'd thicken the strained sauce with grilled flour then season to taste....

Don't forget the chunks of fresh bread to sop up the extra sauce!

G

Ground veal, pignoli nuts, rasins, breadcrumbs, locatelli cheese, garlic, and three dollar bills.

Hmmm, it would be simple, pre-made, frozen and reheated, served
on a stick with a splash of boring bottled sauce.

At the State Fair, where you could get away with it! LOLOLOL

you're all makin me hungry

I have a question though which is - how massive can a meatball get before it becomes a meatloaf?? Is there some kind of chefs' rule about that? ;-)

Back
Top Bottom