If you HAD to permanently live in another country

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I don't know if I want to move again, I don't know where I would have to move if something happens. I suppose if you are forced to move you make your life there to the best of your abilities. If you simpply want to move is diferent, then you work and research, and check things out before making such desision.

I've been to a lot of places...all around europe, asia......and.....Singapore is for me I think. (and no, not because of orchard towers)

Only thing missing is motorcycle rides in the country....that would be tough for me to replicate.

or Brussels isn't bad.

still homesick for sweet home Chicago.
Texas IS another country (like L.A., but nicer)

I was born (but did not get to leave my heart) in SF

casting aside U.S.-centric preferences:
been an Anglophile forever, so would like to try London or rural England

Oz seems to be full of people I would cotton to immediately

never been to Spain, but I kinda like the music (and Hemingway wrote some interesting things about it)

win the lottery and buy a villa on Lake Como!

re-learn French, buy a sailboat, and do charters in Martinique

should I stop dreaming now?

hard choice I must say.
Italy for the food and the gorgeous men for me to gaze at.
Scottland because of their wonderful accents and the countryside.
Ireland due to husband being Irish, family there, etc. Gorgeous scenery.
Greece because of the food and the lovely beaches and islands for me to soak up sun at.
Bali because because because because...

If I could afford it and didn't have to worry about earthquakes (big ludricous IFS) I'd love to live in San Francisco---fell in love with it visiting a friend and having to cover with a blanket at night in August and there were no a/c's---so much fun and great food, etc.

If I could afford it and didn't have to worry about earthquakes (big ludricous IFS) I'd love to live in San Francisco---fell in love with it visiting a friend and having to cover with a blanket at night in August and there were no a/c's---so much fun and great food, etc.

lolol! I've been through the big quake we had in 1989 but it still doesn't prevent me from living there. I might change my mind after the next big one though...you never know! ;)

Lucky girl, redkitty---I'm jealous!!! I put up with tremors in Alaska as a child (in the 60's before the big one hit) and more tremors after the earthquake in Cairo in the early 90's---tends to make one a bit nervous....but I love your city!!!

I do too, redkitty! Great coffee, wonderful food, the bay, friendly people. It is a lovely place. I remember strolling the streets there around 1971 - lots of people coming up and giving you flowers, music, dancing. Very free and easy.

Back
Top Bottom