So are you sticking to it?
I made several myself and plan to stick to them for life.
1. Stopped smoking. Its been 15 days now. I'm still using the patch but only wearing it for about 4 hours in the evening now. I should be able to rid myself of that in another week or so.
2. I'm eating healthier. This is still a struggle and can get costly considering I'm buying so much more fruits and vegetables and really reading the labels on boxes. Seems like the things that are better for you are more costly. Oh well its well worth it. Cannot wait for summer and the farmers markets. Now I do allow myself to eat out on Friday nights. Thats always been a night we've went out to eat but I'm making better choices when I do. That first Friday the meal was very disappointing, especially when you see DH eating his favorite. So this last Friday I decided I was going to eat what I wanted and treat myself, well surprisingly I didn't go for my old favorites, I was able to pick one of the healthiest meals on the menu without any problem instead, it just looked and sounded better. My favorite things didn't seem so great once I really took a look at what all I was going to be putting into my body. And the meal was delicious. So eventually, I'll be able to find the resturants that really step up and make delicious healthy meals too.
3. Gave up soda pop. This was a tough one. In fact, after probably 3 days, I don't remember when now, I caved and drank one. Well it was probably 8 days later I saw one of DH's in the fridge and I just had to have a little bit ....
...seriously I couldn't even drink it. Thankfully it was a pepsi and it wasn't a coke because thats my favorite. But I think I've now psyched myself out enough that even the coke won't taste good to me know.
4. Taking better care of this body God has given me by joining a gym and working out. Yesterday was my first official day and I love it. I'm heading back today. I'll be going 5 days a week. I also went to get my yearly exam with the OB/GYN and will def. keep my mammo appointment this year. I'm ashamed to say I didn't go last year because I'm a bit shy with other people seeing my body. Well I'm over that my health is more important.
5. I'm saving money. I've even got my DH to join in on this. In one pot he and I each put in $1.00 a day, plus any change we acquire that day. In 7 days we saved $27 and some odd change. I got this idea when I read about a man who has twice went to the dealership and purchased a brand new truck with change he's saved....we're talking $30 something thousand dollars. Its really amazing how much change you can acquire by not using it when buying something and only using paper money. Well all we're shooting for first is money to take a romantic weekend getaway for either our birthdays combined or for our anniversary. This week we'll open a joint interest savings account with that money. I'm also starting to pay myself first. I'm putting back $50.00 from each check. This will also be put in a seperate interest savings account. This will be our emergency money. Even without this we always seem to come up with the money in a pinch but it'll be nice to have it to fall back on. I'm due for another bonus at work in a few more months and that money too will be put into this account. Last time it was $600.00 so hopefully it'll be that or more again. Soon I'm going to be setting aside a certain amount of money for grocery shopping and really looking for ways to save there and any money I have left over from saving to put it in the account also.
Good luck everyone!