"If you purchased a 5-ounce can of StarKist chunk light tuna or solid white tuna..."

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Caslon

Executive Chef
"If you purchased a 5-ounce can of StarKist chunk light tuna or solid white tuna..."

"...between 2009 and 2014...you could be owed a refund, and you get to choose between $25 in cash or $50 in tuna".

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/sorry-charlie-tuna-company-must-033043887.html

It's about time we got a refund from companies who shrink the product to squeeze out more profit. Being shortchanged, even a little bit, adds up to million$ in profit due to the sheer volume.

Last edited:
"...between 2009 and 2014...you could be owed a refund, and you get to choose between $25 in cash or $50 in tuna".

You just know that, if you choose the tuna, the Gorton Fisherman is going to show up at your door with a whole fish over his shoulder, right?

Don't know about that... I submitted my claim. I opted for $50 of tuna instead of $25. :huh:

I opted for the check. I am not really nor ever have been a big fan of tuna. Spike checks the website every month. He opted for the tuna. They are still in litigation.

Too late for me. I should have opted for the tuna. Kept a few cans for myself and donated the rest to the church food bank. From the latest news, the checks will only amount to a miniscule amount instead of the $25. It seems more folks wanted money back than the tuna. To honor all cash claims at $25 each would bankrupt the company. So now the court is trying to find a suitable cash amount for each cash settlement without sending the company into bankruptcy.

Addie, the cutoff for filing a claim was November 20th, 2015. So are you still able to get a claim?

I don't really like SK tuna anyway. I always get my tuna from Trader Joe's. It tastes better and it seems like there's more in the can.

Addie, the cutoff for filing a claim was November 20th, 2015. So are you still able to get a claim?

I don't really like SK tuna anyway. I always get my tuna from Trader Joe's. It tastes better and it seems like there's more in the can.

No. For those of us who did file a claim, all we can do is wait, and wait, and wait. Spike has been following the court proceedings about once a month. SK is just dragging their heels. At the rate the courts move, I may have to put a codicil on my will and leave the paltry amount to my kids.

Last edited:
I opted for the check. I am not really nor ever have been a big fan of tuna. Spike checks the website every month. He opted for the tuna. They are still in litigation.

Too late for me. I should have opted for the tuna. Kept a few cans for myself and donated the rest to the church food bank.

I was gonna take the cash too, but opted for the tuna. I figure by the time this all gets settled, the cost of tuna will have risen. ;) :LOL:

Last edited:
No. For those of us who did file a claim, all we can do is wait, and wait, and wait. Spike has been following the court proceedings about once a month. SK is just dragging their heels. At the rate the courts move, I may have to put a codicil on my will and leave the paltry amount to my kids.

I wouldn't. They'll get taxed for it.

Not likely. Addie doesn't have enough assets to trigger the federal estate tax and immediate family members are usually exempt from inheritance tax.

You are so right!!!

I figure when Starkist finally does settle, my check and everyone else's will be for less than a dollar. The codicil remark was made in jest. But then I could have the codicil state that the monies are to go into a trust fund. ;) I am open to all suggestions. What should I do with my paltry settlement? Will those who opted for the cans of tuna have to add the market value to their taxes as income?

Oh dear! This settlement (if it ever comes) is opening a whole can of worms for everyone!!!

Latest Update!

A decision was finally made the Judge. Then another appeal was filed. Just the news we all wanted to hear. I am beginning to think this is all a hoax.

In the classroom and 1st pool session, scuba students are taught the first rule when it comes to breathing with compressed air/gas, "Don't hold your breath!":angel::ROFLMAO:

In the classroom and 1st pool session, scuba students are taught the first rule when it comes to breathing with compressed air/gas, "Don't hold your breath!":angel::ROFLMAO:

Every time I read about a person on death row, the next sentence states that due to appeals, they have been there for 20 years or more. Can I hold on until I am in my 90's?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom