If you were a Food.......

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I just googled "What food are you quiz" and did a great one on what snack food are you? I am Candy Corn which I have never seen before it must be an American thing. I would post the link but I can't work out how to do it!

mrsmac said:
I just googled "What food are you quiz" and did a great one on what snack food are you? I am Candy Corn which I have never seen before it must be an American thing. I would post the link but I can't work out how to do it!

Mine said candy corn too. It is one of my favorite candies, especially at halloween:)
I would show the site, but, there is one question that I don't know if it would be appropriate in case the kiddos were on here and did the test.

Anyway, I think that if I were food, I would be rice krispy cereal, get me going and I don't shut up:LOL:

texasgirl said:
I would be rice krispy cereal, get me going and I don't shut up:LOL:

:LOL: , texas. As long as you don't snap, crackle & pop.

Put me down for Lobster - my favorite food. (I love the water, beware of my claws & be careful with that nutcracker :LOL: )

lobsterinvodka.jpg
[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Lobsters Steamed In Vodka[/font]
  • [font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]lobsters fresh 4 [/font]
  • [font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]vodka 3/4 cups [/font]
  • [font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]water 3/4 cups [/font]
  • [font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]tarragon dried 1/2 teaspoon [/font]
  • [font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]butter cold, in 5 pieces, 5 tablespoons[/font]
[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Bring water and vodka to a rapid boil in a large kettle. Add lobsters one at a time, cover and return water to boil. Cook for 16 -18 minutes. Remove lobster with tongs and save liquid. Pour remaining liquid into sauce pan and boil down until 3/4 of a cup remains. Whisk in cold butter piece by piece. Add tarragon. Serve sauce with lobsters. [/font]

lobstercocktail.jpg

[font=verdana, arial][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Lobster Cocktail[/font][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
For each cocktail, allow:[/font]
[/font]
  • [font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]1/4 cup lobster meat, cut in pieces [/font]
  • [font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]2 tablespoons tomato catsup [/font]
  • [font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]2 tablespoons sherry [/font]
  • [font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]1 tablespoon lemon juice [/font]
  • [font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]4 drops Worcestershire sauce [/font]
  • [font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]salt to taste [/font]
  • [font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]chives, chopped [/font]
[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Mix well and chill. Serve in cocktail glasses, sprinkled with chopped chives.[/font]
lobstercrepes.jpg

[font=verdana, arial][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Crepes Filled with Lobster Newburg[/font][/font]
  • [font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]1 cup cooked lobster meat, cut into bite-sized cubes [/font]
  • [font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]3 tablespoons butter [/font]
  • [font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]2 tablespoons shallots, finely chopped [/font]
  • [font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]1 tablespoon paprika [/font]
  • [font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]1 tablespoon flour [/font]
  • [font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]1 cup milk [/font]
  • [font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]1/2 cup heavy cream [/font]
  • [font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]salt to taste, if desired [/font]
  • [font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]freshly ground black pepper [/font]
  • [font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]1 tablespoon Madeira wine [/font]
  • [font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]1 egg yolk [/font]
  • [font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]pinch of cayenne pepper [/font]
  • [font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]8 crepes [/font]
[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]1. Melt 2 tablespoons of the butter in a saucepan and add the shallots and paprika. Cook briefly, stirring. Sprinkle with flour, stirring with a wire whisk.
2. Add the milk, stirring rapidly with the whisk. Add the cream and any liquid that accumulated from cutting up the lobster. Add salt and pepper to taste.
3. Add the Madeira and egg yolk, stirring rapidly with the whisk. Stir in the cayenne pepper.
4. Melt the remaining tablespoon of butter and add the cubed lobster, shaking the skillet and stirring just until the lobster pieces are heated through.
5. Put the cream and egg sauce through a strainer. Pour half of the sauce over the lobster pieces and stir to blend. Use equal, small portions of the sauce with lobster pieces to fill each of 8 crepes. About 2 tablespoons of filling will suffice for each crepe. Fold the crepe over. Spoon the remaining sauce without the lobster meat over the filled crepes.

[/font][font=verdana, arial][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Basic Crepes[/font][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] (makes 5 to 6)[/font][/font]
  • [font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]1/2 cup flour [/font]
  • [font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]salt, if desired [/font]
  • [font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons milk [/font]
  • [font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]2 tablespoons butter [/font]
[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]1. Put the egg, flour, and salt into a mixing bowl and start beating and blending with a wire whisk. Add the milk, stirring.
2. Melt 1 tablespoon of the butter in a 7- or 8-inch pan. When it is melted, pour the butter into the crepe batter.
3. Line a mixing bowl with a sieve and pour the batter into the sieve. Strain the batter, pushing any solids through with a rubber spatula.
4. Melt the remaining tablespoon of butter and use this to brush the pan each time, or as necessary, before making a crepe.
5. Brush the pan lightly and place it on the stove. When the pan is hot but not burning, add 2 tablespoons of the batter and swirl it around neatly to completely cover the bottom of the pan. Cook over moderately high heat for 30 to 40 seconds, or until lightly browned on the bottom. Turn the crepe and cook the second side for about 15 seconds. Turn the crepe out onto a sheet of waxed paper.
[/font]

I've always gotten some interesting conversations from the comment that "you are what you eat". I rather suspect I'm a lot closer to a filet mignon or even a pork chop than I am to a brussels sprout, no matter what I eat!

i'd be a beer- not quite a food, but that's what i'd be- sometimes warm and bubbly, sometimes ice cold, sometimes makes you laugh, sometimes makes you cry, and sometimes makes you want to go to sleep. sometimes bitter, sometimes refreshing..... i could go on for awhile about why i'd be a beer.

Last edited:
I think Beans.......... Everyone up wind of the product always laughs, and someday soon if the price of "CRUDE" gets any higher "Methane" will be the "HOTTEST" thing going !:LOL: :huh: :ROFLMAO:

Back
Top Bottom