If You Were Stuck in Bed a Few Weeks

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Since I don't have a laptop, I would go NUTS!!!
I would probably finish my knitting, do crosswords, watch too many movies.
At least you know that when it's over, you will be okay.

Boy I've been there before with bedrest (pregnancy + other surgeries). Now I'd say....

1) Work on my family tree (genealogy) .....I've slacked off from it for awhile....warning its addicting

2) Reorganize my recipe collection. I have some in several recipe boxes and loads on the computer. I'd transfer them to my laptop and print them off and put them in an organized 3 ring binder.

3) Finally getting around to putting all our photos into photo albums.....ugh! I finally did get the information written on the backs with the dates. Believe me if you haven't done this do it for the sake of your family when the time comes and you've passed and they are going through the pictures and wondering who the heck this person and that person is. Plus it sure comes in handy with the family research too.

4. Read books that make me laugh. I recommend the following:
Sue Monk Kidd: Secret Life of Bees
Sue Monk Kidd: The Mermaid Chair
** She has another I haven't gotten to read yet **

5. Write your memoir. I plan on doing this soon.....I want to write down everything I remember from all my experiences on this earth so that one day if my memory fades I'll have it.

Barbara, your list sounds like what I would do, minus the kitties. I would also crochet though. It's a nice time-killer.

you could balance your checkbook & other boring stuff you gotta get done...
I need to do that!

Since I don't have a laptop, I would go NUTS!!!...
I think I would too!!!

...4. Read books that make me laugh. I recommend the following:
Sue Monk Kidd: Secret Life of Bees
Sue Monk Kidd: The Mermaid Chair
** She has another I haven't gotten to read yet **...
I love Sue Monk Kidd! I don't think I have ever read any of her books though (just what she has had in Guideposts and other publications). I will have to get them.

:)Barbara

I love Sue Monk Kidd! I don't think I have ever read any of her books though (just what she has had in Guideposts and other publications). I will have to get them.

:)Barbara[/quote]

I first read her secret life of bees and then after loving that one so much I went in search of the other. I haven't had much time to read lately but I think I'll go now and search online for her other book.
I didn't realize she wrote in the Guidepost and other publications.
There are some other books my best friend let me borrow that I need to find out the names of them again because I highly recommend them too.

Back
Top Bottom