"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 12-17-2013, 04:44 PM   #11
Certified Pretend Chef

After taking care of state and local taxes, family and friends, SO and I would travel to all the places around the USA and the rest of the world that suit our fancy. All the top foodie locations would be part of the itinerary. There would be a lot of cars (Jay Leno is my car guy hero) and homes in our future.

Old 12-17-2013, 04:48 PM   #12
Senior Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatPat View Post
That's what I get from Mamma and Papa. And if I have my own children, I'll do the same with them. You can't give children such as I large sums of money, you have to wait to see if they become mature enough to take care of it and invest it wisely.

I would buy Papa a new fishing vessel. The Catina pre-dates the Mayflower, I think. There are entire generations of rust families on her.

I'd pay off Lakisha's student loans and put them in a new home in a nice neighborhood.

I'd donate to charities for orphans and animals and cancer research.

I'd give the rest of it to Mamma and Papa for to teach me about investing. Then when they pass, I'll know how to take good care of it.

I'd also pay someone to take away Papa's driving license and hire a driver for him!

With love,
~Cat
Oh yes, the Catina is awful! We can hear it rusting from HERE! And PapaCat is definitely one of the top five world's worst drivers.

I disagree with you, Cat, about money. You're very smart with your stipend.

Without going into details, Cat has a rule: She lives on only half (on a bad month) of what she receives. The rest is tucked into her savings account. When it gets to a certain point, she tells us to take some out and invest it for her, and we tell her what we did and where it went, etc. Lately she's been telling us where to put it sometimes. So, she is learning.

If I were to win all that money, I would:

Invest, invest, invest!

Donate to children's charities and improve orphanages in Romania.

Dump Cat's asthmatic Dacia into a river and buy her a good car of her choice to drive when she's home.

Quit my job and visit Cat more often.

Volunteer to teach people to read. Illiteracy is much higher in Romania than it is here.

Remodel my kitchen in the Constanta home.

Volunteer at the Romanian Red Cross to teach CPR and first aid to children and teens.

And I would adopt a child with disabilities. Cat has always wanted us to do that.

MammaCat

Old 12-17-2013, 04:51 PM   #13
Chef Extraordinaire

I was living in Hawaii. My ex lived on the North Shore in Haliewa. The house across the street from his was for sale. An Aram country princess was visiting and lost her purse that had more than $100,000 in cash in it. The person who found it turned it in. So of course we all got to talking, if I found it I would have......

The standard answers until my turn. I would buy the house across the street from my ex and drive him and his bigamist wife crazy.
Old 12-17-2013, 04:58 PM   #14
Master Chef

I usually don't buy lotto tickets on my own but every time there's a huge jackpot people at the shop get excited and form a pool and I usually join in. I think we'll be buying about a 100 bucks worth. Good luck roadfix!
Old 12-17-2013, 05:00 PM   #15
Proud American

Quote:
Originally Posted by MammaCat View Post
Oh yes, the Catina is awful! We can hear it rusting from HERE! And PapaCat is definitely one of the top five world's worst drivers.

I disagree with you, Cat, about money. You're very smart with your stipend.

Without going into details, Cat has a rule: She lives on only half (on a bad month) of what she receives. The rest is tucked into her savings account. When it gets to a certain point, she tells us to take some out and invest it for her, and we tell her what we did and where it went, etc. Lately she's been telling us where to put it sometimes. So, she is learning.

If I were to win all that money, I would:

Invest, invest, invest!

Donate to children's charities and improve orphanages in Romania.

Dump Cat's asthmatic Dacia into a river and buy her a good car of her choice to drive when she's home.

Quit my job and visit Cat more often.

Volunteer to teach people to read. Illiteracy is much higher in Romania than it is here.

Remodel my kitchen in the Constanta home.

Volunteer at the Romanian Red Cross to teach CPR and first aid to children and teens.

And I would adopt a child with disabilities. Cat has always wanted us to do that.

MammaCat
Don't you dare dump my precious Snot in a river! I love her!

I keep forgetting some children are older than I, such as Addie's children are.

I still think you should adopt a disabled child, Mamma. But I know you are very busy with teaching.

I'd also buy Lakisha's uncle a much nicer car. He drives her mother around when Lakisha is in school. I think he'd like a very nice Jeep like Pacanis got.

With love,
~Cat
Old 12-17-2013, 06:46 PM   #16
Executive Chef

Site Moderator

I would make many friends and family very comfortable. Most would get a trust where they got a monthly check, a couple that I know would get a lump sum, because I know that they would do great things with it.

Then a crazy house with every feature that I've ever wanted, with multiple kitchens.

I'm not sure that I would like our lives to change, but dreaming about all of the cool things I could do is fun! We would definitely live on the interest, so we would never have to worry about money again.

http://bakingbetter.com
bakechef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2013, 07:15 PM   #17
Head Chef

O.K.everybody---- lump sum or annual payout?
Old 12-17-2013, 07:21 PM   #18
Chef Extraordinaire

I would buy both the Pittsburgh Steelers and the Baltimore Ravens, then give them both to Jerry Jones in trade for his Dallas Cowboys.
After all, I'm a Browns fan
(the football fans will know where I'm going with this)
Old 12-17-2013, 07:37 PM   #19
Proud American

Perhaps an annual payout. This would make for better money management.

With love,
~Cat
Old 12-17-2013, 08:00 PM   #20
Chef Extraordinaire

The annual payout over 30 years would be around $20 million. I think we could manage on that