IF you won the lottery how would you spend it?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Lump Sum .. I won't be around for 30 years.

What would I do with the winnings?

Bacon ! LOL

I would get myself into a nice single level house in an area where I would be happy.

I would donate a quarter of it to the humane society.

I would open trust accounts for my grands.

I would spend some of it in silly ways just because I could.

Invest at least half of it.

Lump sum, lots of donations to different charities, take care of family. Cars, a home base house with all the tweeks in the kitchen and we would travel.

I will never win, as I don't play, but: Lump sum, some to a few relatives and friends, local charities, animal shelters and charities, Shriner's hospitals, renovate the bathrooms, much travel.

Time to close this thread. None of us won.
Party pooper!! ;) there's always another Jackpot just around the corner ...... :). I would probably take a lump sum, invest lots of it, donate some to research for various illnesses, make sure my family members were "comfortable". Then some travel. I don't need much, I'm a simple woman :))

We just had a man from here in Canada win $40 million in our Lotto Max. He said he was rich enough and that he had enough to provide for his four children and 6 grandchildren. So, he is donating the entire sum to charity, mostly for Cancer Research in the name of his late wife.

I would definitely donate to charity, but I would provide for family members and friends. For us, I think we would by a large piece of property in the Valley and maybe open a little café where we could train at-risk teens a skill. That's been a dream of ours.

O.K.everybody---- lump sum or annual payout?

Annual payout. I know I wouldn't live long enough to collect all of it, but in this state, it would a payout in a lump sum of the balance to be divided among my four children. Because in this state, you pay the state tax at the beginning for the total amount. Then no more state tax on it. I don't know about federal tax. :angel:

I would prefer lump.
I would buy a big house for me and my boyfriend, I would marry him and I would organize a great party. I would buy an house for my brother. I would restructure the library of my city (Carate Brianza, an hole in the foggy Pianura Padana), that is awfull and little. I would pay someone to clean my parents house, to let my mother to do what prefer in place of doing houseworks.

A Jew has come upon hard times and went to the Wailing Wall to ask for help.
"My wife is ill and I need money for medicine. Please let me win the lottery."

Next week---- back again: he needs money for his son's school fees. "Please let me win the lottery."

The next week-----" I've lost my job, going to lose my home. Please, please let me win the lottery this week."

Suddenly a Voice came from the Heavens: "Meet me halfway . Buy a ticket."

After all, I'm a Browns fan :mrgreen:

Jim Haslam lives in the house where my wife grew up and she and I were married. Our dog is buried in their backyard. He and his wife bought the house after my mother-in-law passed. That's my link to the Browns. ;)

If I had won the lottery I'd have called my lawyer and had him set up a PO Box and a trust. The money would go into that trust and he would be the one responsible for getting the mail from the PO Box. We have financial advisors and accountants, so they'd be in on that too. The biggest thing for me would be anonymity, because I don't want people showing up on my doorstep demanding/requesting/begging money, and that happens when you win the lottery.

The biggest thing for me would be anonymity, because I don't want people showing up on my doorstep demanding/requesting/begging money, and that happens when you win the lottery.

The woman in Georgia who won part of the recent lottery has gone into hiding. Unfortunately, in this state when you win a large amount in any lottery, in order to collect you have to agree to the publicity and pictures. :angel:

The woman in Georgia who won part of the recent lottery has gone into hiding. Unfortunately, in this state when you win a large amount in any lottery, in order to collect you have to agree to the publicity and pictures. :angel:

That's why you sign the lottery ticket over to the trust. The trust owns it at that time and the lawyer runs the trust. :)

They still take pictures and use it for publicity. :angel:

Yes, of the lawyer...if I ever win, a trust will be the designee. As soon as I know I have a winning ticket, I am headed straight to setting up a Trust Fund before I get close to claiming the ticket. The trust will make the claim. I remain anonymous.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom