IF you won the lottery how would you spend it?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cave76

Washing Up
636 million as of today!

I don't buy lottery tickets because I always lose.:furious: (Don't ask me how I know I always lose if I never buy one LOL)

But IF I did and I won it would be a real problem deciding how to spend all that money.
What would you spend it on, after buying your dream house and donating to your favorite charity?

I never buy lottery tickets, not because I lose, but because I don't want to win.

It would involve too much drama and changes to my current comfortable life. No thanks!

How would I spend over half a billion dollars? I'd give $1 million to each of my family and closest friends and make some donations to medical research for particular illnesses I and they have suffered.

I've always been fascinated by a woman I heard about who retired, sold everything, and lived on a round-the-world cruise ship. Everything's paid for, someone cooks and cleans up, someone cleans house and does laundry, and entertainment and excursions are constantly available. I'd do that for a few years and then see how I feel :) Maybe buy a few houses and a plane, hire a pilot, and travel between them with the seasons. Ah, to dream.

@GG----- my list would be something like yours! I could use my private jet and pilot to always stay in 5 star hotels where it's sunny and warm. Maybe a couple of nice homes on a permanent basis. But where? Oh, dear! Where?:LOL:

Brief excursions to places like the Antarctic or Iceland just to see them.

I'd donate money to groups that rescue animals. I would research those groups well to make sure no ones getting rich off of it-----just making enough to keep them comfortable. (Guidestar is my friend :))

But what would I do about a housekeeper? I really wouldn't want someone else in my home all the time-----but would like someone to be able to clean up the mess I make in the kitchen. Oh, dear! What do to? :LOL:

Contact a lawyer immediately and hire someone to screen phone calls. Also a Financial Planner and advisor.

Place half of it in a trust fund for one year.

Donate to my church for the Food Bank.

Donate to St. Jude's Hospital for Children's Cancer Research

Donate to The Salvation Army

Donate to charities that serve children

Pay off my daughter's mortgage

Buy the three remaining children homes. Mortgage free.

Play hidden Santa each Christmas to total strangers

What I wouldn't do.

Give large sums of money to my kids. They would get a monthly stipend for the rest of their lives from a trust fund. :angel:

Addie said what she wouldn't do:

"Give large sums of money to my kids. They would get a monthly stipend for the rest of their lives from a trust fund."

Smart woman!:)

Addie said what she wouldn't do:

"Give large sums of money to my kids. They would get a monthly stipend for the rest of their lives from a trust fund."

Smart woman!:)

If they are smart with that monthly stipend and invest or save some of it, they will increase their own wealth. The stipend would be enough to pay their bills and live a comfortable life without want. Everyone is responsible for their own happiness. :angel:

If they are smart with that monthly stipend and invest or save some of it, they will increase their own wealth. The stipend would be enough to pay their bills and live a comfortable life without want. Everyone is responsible for their own happiness. :angel:

That's what I get from Mamma and Papa. And if I have my own children, I'll do the same with them. You can't give children such as I large sums of money, you have to wait to see if they become mature enough to take care of it and invest it wisely.

I would buy Papa a new fishing vessel. The Catina pre-dates the Mayflower, I think. There are entire generations of rust families on her.

I'd pay off Lakisha's student loans and put them in a new home in a nice neighborhood.

I'd donate to charities for orphans and animals and cancer research.

I'd give the rest of it to Mamma and Papa for to teach me about investing. Then when they pass, I'll know how to take good care of it.

I'd also pay someone to take away Papa's driving license and hire a driver for him!

With love,
~Cat

That's what I get from Mamma and Papa. And if I have my own children, I'll do the same with them. You can't give children such as I large sums of money, you have to wait to see if they become mature enough to take care of it and invest it wisely.

Heh. Addie's children are in their 40s and 50s. :ermm::ROFLMAO:

After taking care of state and local taxes, family and friends, SO and I would travel to all the places around the USA and the rest of the world that suit our fancy. All the top foodie locations would be part of the itinerary. There would be a lot of cars (Jay Leno is my car guy hero) and homes in our future.

Last edited:

I would buy Papa a new fishing vessel. The Catina pre-dates the Mayflower, I think. There are entire generations of rust families on her.

I'd pay off Lakisha's student loans and put them in a new home in a nice neighborhood.

I'd donate to charities for orphans and animals and cancer research.

I'd give the rest of it to Mamma and Papa for to teach me about investing. Then when they pass, I'll know how to take good care of it.

I'd also pay someone to take away Papa's driving license and hire a driver for him!

With love,
~Cat

Oh yes, the Catina is awful! We can hear it rusting from HERE! And PapaCat is definitely one of the top five world's worst drivers.

I disagree with you, Cat, about money. You're very smart with your stipend.

Without going into details, Cat has a rule: She lives on only half (on a bad month) of what she receives. The rest is tucked into her savings account. When it gets to a certain point, she tells us to take some out and invest it for her, and we tell her what we did and where it went, etc. Lately she's been telling us where to put it sometimes. So, she is learning.

If I were to win all that money, I would:

Invest, invest, invest!

Donate to children's charities and improve orphanages in Romania.

Dump Cat's asthmatic Dacia into a river and buy her a good car of her choice to drive when she's home.

Quit my job and visit Cat more often.

Volunteer to teach people to read. Illiteracy is much higher in Romania than it is here.

Remodel my kitchen in the Constanta home.

Volunteer at the Romanian Red Cross to teach CPR and first aid to children and teens.

And I would adopt a child with disabilities. Cat has always wanted us to do that.

MammaCat

I was living in Hawaii. My ex lived on the North Shore in Haliewa. The house across the street from his was for sale. An Aram country princess was visiting and lost her purse that had more than $100,000 in cash in it. The person who found it turned it in. So of course we all got to talking, if I found it I would have......

The standard answers until my turn. I would buy the house across the street from my ex and drive him and his bigamist wife crazy. :angel:

I usually don't buy lotto tickets on my own but every time there's a huge jackpot people at the shop get excited and form a pool and I usually join in. I think we'll be buying about a 100 bucks worth. Good luck roadfix!

Oh yes, the Catina is awful! We can hear it rusting from HERE! And PapaCat is definitely one of the top five world's worst drivers.

I disagree with you, Cat, about money. You're very smart with your stipend.

Without going into details, Cat has a rule: She lives on only half (on a bad month) of what she receives. The rest is tucked into her savings account. When it gets to a certain point, she tells us to take some out and invest it for her, and we tell her what we did and where it went, etc. Lately she's been telling us where to put it sometimes. So, she is learning.

If I were to win all that money, I would:

Invest, invest, invest!

Donate to children's charities and improve orphanages in Romania.

Dump Cat's asthmatic Dacia into a river and buy her a good car of her choice to drive when she's home.

Quit my job and visit Cat more often.

Volunteer to teach people to read. Illiteracy is much higher in Romania than it is here.

Remodel my kitchen in the Constanta home.

Volunteer at the Romanian Red Cross to teach CPR and first aid to children and teens.

And I would adopt a child with disabilities. Cat has always wanted us to do that.

MammaCat

Don't you dare dump my precious Snot in a river! I love her!:(

I keep forgetting some children are older than I, such as Addie's children are.

I still think you should adopt a disabled child, Mamma. But I know you are very busy with teaching.

I'd also buy Lakisha's uncle a much nicer car. He drives her mother around when Lakisha is in school. I think he'd like a very nice Jeep like Pacanis got.

With love,
~Cat

I would make many friends and family very comfortable. Most would get a trust where they got a monthly check, a couple that I know would get a lump sum, because I know that they would do great things with it.

Then a crazy house with every feature that I've ever wanted, with multiple kitchens. :LOL:

I'm not sure that I would like our lives to change, but dreaming about all of the cool things I could do is fun! We would definitely live on the interest, so we would never have to worry about money again.

I would buy both the Pittsburgh Steelers and the Baltimore Ravens, then give them both to Jerry Jones in trade for his Dallas Cowboys.
After all, I'm a Browns fan :mrgreen:
(the football fans will know where I'm going with this)

Perhaps an annual payout. This would make for better money management.

With love,
~Cat

Back
Top Bottom