If You're Going to Steal a Truck...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
How funny.

That reminds me, I went to a fabric store today and they did all these security checks on my credit card. I wondered what kind of person steals a credit card and then goes to a fabric store?

I don't talk a lot about my first husband (we all like to forget our mistakes) but he definitely fits in this thread. When we got married we lived in a housing co-op that I help build and was on the board of directors for years. Just after we got married our car insurance came due but he didn't tell me. Instead, he stole a plate from a car right in our secured parking garage. I was totally unaware of the situation until one day police came to our door wanting to talk to me about my car (it was in my name). They explained that the husband of the person who "we" stole the plate from followed us into the parking garage that day and recognized the plate. The kicker to the story....the woman worked for ICBC, our car insurance corporation!

He did at least have the smarts to admit I had nothing to do with it, but we ended up having to move out of the co-op.

I do laugh at this now!

Yes, Barb, it was, and there were many more where that came from with him. But when I hear these news stories like the one you posted, I have to laugh because now that I am in an incredibly wonderful life, I can look back and say "there really ARE people out there that are THAT dumb!"

Yes, Barb, it was, and there were many more where that came from with him. But when I hear these news stories like the one you posted, I have to laugh because now that I am in an incredibly wonderful life, I can look back and say "there really ARE people out there that are THAT dumb!"

there sure are, and i was married to the worst of the worst. he only got caught by the irs. scary times:(

We have a little weekly paper here in town, and two weeks in row, the headline story was about dumb criminals.

First story was about a guy who was on work release during the week. When he came back to jail on Friday night for his weekend confinement, he smuggled pot in.

The stupid part--the jail is maybe 2000 square feet. How ya gonna hide pot smoke in a place that small?

He is no longer on work release.

Second story--2 people broke into a garage and stole a gas can. The owner of the house came home and caught them in the act.

The stupid part--the owner is a county sheriff, and his cruiser was PARKED IN THE DRIVEWAY!!!

Can't fix stupid, no matter how long ya keep 'em in jail. :glare:

Barb, bad new, good news story. Love it!

Laurie, ****s come in all shapes and sizes. Just when you say you'll never make that mistake again, you realize there's a million more to make. LOL!

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom