"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 07-13-2006, 04:49 PM   #41
Sous Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueCat
But bacon tastes nothing like honey ham... I've never had either of those things with peanut butter, but bacon is one of God's great gifts, and so is peanut butter, so I may have to try this. I've always been a bit of a PB purist, and have never even tried PB & J!

BC
Well, I'll have to test it some other day then.

Old 07-13-2006, 04:54 PM   #42
Sous Chef

OK, today at Trator Joe's I FINALLY got some marshmallow fluff and some pickles (the tiny French kind).
Let this be said. The pb and pickles gets a 1. The fluffinater gets a 10.

I'm beginning to realize that I'm not giving any good ratings to the more "savory" sandwhiches. Maybe the way my tastebuds work, peanut butter is meant to be a sweet thing. Actually I like it with pretzels and celery and lettuce (now that I've tried that sandwhich), maybe that qualifies as savory. But overall, I like peanutbutter in my DESSERTS. Maybe thats why I'm having trouble liking it with some of these vegetable dishes?

Old 07-13-2006, 04:55 PM   #43
Sous Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by liketobake
My favourite

Toast some multigrain bread
spread on some smooth peanut butter
cut a banana into chunks and place on it
enjoy
(PS I don't stick the two sides together, eat them seperatly)

http://www.cookingforums.net/
Been said. Good one though.
Old 07-13-2006, 05:01 PM   #44
Chef Extraordinaire

Hey, Banana, glad to hear you liked Handy Husband's concoction on the tortilla.

If you think you are trending toward dessert-like combinations, you should probably try some ice cream toppings using pb. Melt some pb together with some honey and roasted peanuts and glob it over some nice vanilla ice cream.

Not a sandwich, but another taste sensation. Chunked bananas or strawberries or ???? to round it out?
Old 07-13-2006, 06:24 PM   #45
Sous Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by mudbug
Hey, Banana, glad to hear you liked Handy Husband's concoction on the tortilla.

If you think you are trending toward dessert-like combinations, you should probably try some ice cream toppings using pb. Melt some pb together with some honey and roasted peanuts and glob it over some nice vanilla ice cream.

Not a sandwich, but another taste sensation. Chunked bananas or strawberries or ???? to round it out?
Yum! I love peanut butter ice cream, but it seems like the only place to get pure peanut butter ice cream is cold stone. I've been wanting to incorperate peanut butter with basic ice cream, and the only way I could think of was to actually top ice cream with a glob or try stirring it in. Thanks for the recipe, I'll try making that tonight and top the vanilla gelato I just bought. Yes, store bought gelato. I love Trader Joe's. So.... should it be like a 50/50 pb to honey ratio?
Old 07-14-2006, 01:32 PM   #46
Chef Extraordinaire

Dunno on the ratio, I was just throwing an idea out. I think 50-50 might be overkill on the honey - maybe 70:30, with pb as the star? Remember you are gonna heat it up to liquefy the pb a bit.

Wouldn't hurt to add a squirt or two of your favorite chocolate syrup into it either (I'd skip the honey in that case).
Old 07-14-2006, 01:51 PM   #47
Head Chef

This isn't really a sandwich, but you could turn it into one. Toast some bread, spread PB on it, and top with maple syrup. This is the best super-easy breakfast around!
Old 07-14-2006, 02:51 PM   #48
Senior Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by vagriller
This isn't really a sandwich, but you could turn it into one. Toast some bread, spread PB on it, and top with maple syrup. This is the best super-easy breakfast around!
That sounds yummy. I might try it myself

Old 07-14-2006, 04:24 PM   #49
Cook

Maybe this is gross, but I used to eat Peanut Butter and Jelly Sandwhiches with a little bit of Ranch Dressing.
Old 07-14-2006, 04:25 PM   #50
Head Chef

Yeah, that's gross.