I'm a fur mommy!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

snack_pack85

Washing Up
The DH and I just adopted a beautiful two year old Pit Bull Terrier!:wub:

Her name is Tia and she was brought in as a stray with her brother Cash. As much as we wish we could take him too, we need to start with one dog as she is our first. She was house trained before so it's been smooth sailing so far, she has the greatest temperment! I mentioned her in another thread and I was asked to post pics so here they are, enjoy:

img_720910_0_d24653e4c0a97852b4b72adba9165dc7.jpg

img_720910_1_6db350e2dc829e17dbf5f75c68eaa1be.jpg

img_720910_2_55d2bfb9cd0046575044c1dc0bfadeff.jpg

img_720910_3_8dc597158c72f557d31440d0ec2d9013.jpg

She just got back from the vet in these pics so she is tired and getting adjusted to the new house. But this morning she has had tons of energy. She played fetch in the back yard and went for a walk with the dh. We couldnt be happier!:ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
She is too beautiful. Make sure she gets plenty socializing, so she doesn't get tempermental. She will continue to be happy and loving that way. My dogs, are not sociable and would bite anyone that came in the gate. Because of the bad rep of that breed of yours, it's essential that she is comfortable around strangers. I have been around 3 pits in my life and all 3 were loving and fun to be around, even with strangers. Good for you being a new mommy, lol, it's so much easier with furries, they love you no matter what, hehe

She is too beautiful. Make sure she gets plenty socializing, so she doesn't get tempermental. She will continue to be happy and loving that way. My dogs, are not sociable and would bite anyone that came in the gate. Because of the bad rep of that breed of yours, it's essential that she is comfortable around strangers. I have been around 3 pits in my life and all 3 were loving and fun to be around, even with strangers. Good for you being a new mommy, lol, it's so much easier with furries, they love you no matter what, hehe

Since she's two and she was with a good family before (by all appearances I mean) we think she'll go on being a sweet heart. She thinks she's a lap dog <3 But we will certainly keep her social, we love her that way. Thanks! We're totally in love with her!

Sp, congrats. New baby in the house!
She looks like she's understanding, or trying to, in the last pic.
Have fun!
I have to ask dina, how or other baby is doing now. Thanks for
reminding me.

Oh yea... Can't wait to see them. (We went picture happy when we got Binks!) And also want to say blessings to you for adopting a 'pound pup'. They all need homes and a second chance. She looks like a lovable sweet girl. I'm sure Tia is happy to have a new family!!!

Awwww, she's beautiful and so adorable!!! I just want to rub her belly and kiss her! We have a miniature doxie that is a year and four months old...and SPOILED rotten! She kisses everybody that will stand still for more than 2 seconds...we're working on that. :-p

Congratulations on your new baby, but be careful! You will find yourself buying boat loads of chew toys that will overtake your home if you don't
stop yourself! Yea...we're working on that too! :ROFLMAO:

Nice poochie. I feel sorry for Cash, but ya can't save them all.
My next dog might be a pittie, they are very outgoing dogs and always in tune with their owners. Give me a strange APBT to take care of any day over a Min Poodle or Min Pin.

:) What a cute puppy. I also believe it's not the breed of dog that is bad but the people that raise them. Meaning if there is stress, hate and fighting in your house they will be the same way. At the same time if your house is peaceful and loving the dogs are the same way. Once in a while you do get the dog who just doesn't get it and I am sad for them since they can not blend into a good family but most of them do if you take the time to show them.

oh my goodness 2 cute! *squealing* u should join us crazy people and make ur pet a myspace page! yes, i have one for the cats, our dog, and recently, a hamster!!! but combined, they all have over 1,000 "animal" friends. It is so nice to have hundreds of animal owners/lovers at your fingertips for anything u may need. Our puppy has lotsa PBT friends, lotsa rescues, even the Vick dogs!!!! I am so happy to see the tolerance people have for these beautiful animals, and to know they are raised to be vicious, but really arent in a loving home. :angel:

oh my goodness 2 cute! *squealing* u should join us crazy people and make ur pet a myspace page! yes, i have one for the cats, our dog, and recently, a hamster!!! but combined, they all have over 1,000 "animal" friends. It is so nice to have hundreds of animal owners/lovers at your fingertips for anything u may need. Our puppy has lotsa PBT friends, lotsa rescues, even the Vick dogs!!!! I am so happy to see the tolerance people have for these beautiful animals, and to know they are raised to be vicious, but really arent in a loving home. :angel:

Our Reesie has a Dogster.com page...though we haven't been on in a while. :angel: I used to be on there alllll the time, now I have too many hobbies and forums to keep up with! :wacko:

Thank you, Everyone!

We were hesitant to play with the larger dogs at the pound, but my husband noticed Tia sitting quietly in hers and wanted to try her out. We took her into the yard and it was a done deal.

She needed some love so bad and we have a huge backyard and LOTS of love to give. We don't see a "pit" when we look at her. We see those huge brown eyes grateful for an extra belly rug and a warm bed at the foot of ours.

She's melted our hearts and I am glad we were able to spread some of that meltin your way. Thanks again everyone. We'll be posting more pics soon I am sure. She hasn't stopped doing cute stuff since we got her home! <3

Nice poochie. I feel sorry for Cash, but ya can't save them all.
My next dog might be a pittie, they are very outgoing dogs and always in tune with their owners. Give me a strange APBT to take care of any day over a Min Poodle or Min Pin.

She is the sweetest thing, she thinks she's a lap dog!

We hate that we couldn't take Cash but who knows, if things go well with Tia maybe we will take Cash. We have the room. At the pound they were telling us that people have been looking and Tia and Cash for weeks but didn't want to split them up. So they've stayed for a month or so. Maybe now that Tia has been adopted Cash will get a good home.

We left our contact info for when Cash does get a home, hopefully his new owners will call us for doggie play-date. ;)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom