I'm angry beyond the venting thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
They say that most people ( all people) drown in less than 3' of water.

And yes, boiling in cars is another issue I have no stomach for, DQ, but haven't figured out how to stop.​

Tell that to the guy I knew who drowned while scuba diving, or those who have died due to ships sinking, etc. Be careful what you say. There are a great many people who have drowned in water 30 feet deep or more.

You might say that most accidental drowndings happen in less than 3' of water.

Seeeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

What really bugs me about this is that Their about to close a bunch of pools in Toronto, in schools and just public pools, because it is to costly to keep them up. Toronto is surrounded by a LAKE people! everyone in the city should know how to swim! Its a safety issue!

My school really tried to campaign against this and tried to save our pool (where swimming lessons are offered throughout the summer). I don't know if we succeeded in saving it though. hopefully we did!

I know here in Texas, lake drownings were up over the July 4th weekend. People were out in record numbers. What irks me is that after that happened, people were complaining that there should be life guards on duty. Which I can see to some extent at the busiest portions of the lakes. But you are always going to have that group of people or family that seeks out that one spot that is not supervised and then an accident happens. I just wish people would take resposibility instead of trying to point blame elsewhere. It is sad that it happens, and many of the situations truly preventable.

I know here in Texas, lake drownings were up over the July 4th weekend. People were out in record numbers. What irks me is that after that happened, people were complaining that there should be life guards on duty. Which I can see to some extent at the busiest portions of the lakes. But you are always going to have that group of people or family that seeks out that one spot that is not supervised and then an accident happens. I just wish people would take resposibility instead of trying to point blame elsewhere. It is sad that it happens, and many of the situations truly preventable.

THANK YOU!! I said the same thing.

Back
Top Bottom