I'm Back

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Claire

Master Chef
I needed to go to Florida for a few weeks to help out with the care of my mother. It was a difficult trip. I wish you all could experience it, though. For most of my teen and young adult years, I listened to my mom cursing food. "I wish I ate to live, but I live to eat," "I wish I didn't like food so much." Well, she got her wish. Be careful what you wish, because Mom hasn't eaten in a couple of months. Even such things as Ensure, or the water she needs to take her pain pills have caused her incredible pain. The doctor did eventually find out what the problem is, but she quite literally almost starved to death in the process. She seems to be on the road to recovery, thank God.

The point I'm trying to make is that, unless you are mortally obese, or have a fixation on one kind of food (junk food garbage), please enjoy good food while you have it and can enjoy it. Because no matter how healthy you eat (and Mom was ahead of her time when it came to that), it can be snatched from you in a moment.

Glad your back, wishing your Mom the best, thanks for sharing. I eat everything I want with moderations. Glad you could spend time with your Mom, lost mine 35yrs. ago.

Claire

Thanks for informing us where you have been. Was interested to know how your mother was doing. I can relate to what you are referring to as my own mother refused to eat when she got sick one time. I was grateful she never did diet and lose the excess weight she had as that is the only thing that may have allowed her to live. Trying to eat healthy is a real gift.

Aren't you thankful you could go down to Florida to be with her? Did you both good. I am sure glad to know you got things under control. Thanks again, Claire.

Your relief is soooo good to hear. I'm sorry you've had such a worrying time and hope that your Mum now goes from strength to strength.:)

Welcome back Claire and I am glad your mother is doing okay. I love good food but sometimes I don't eat very healthy. I still need to lose at least 20 pounds but I just can't seem too get in the mood.

Thank you all for all of the good wishes. Mom is now eating stuff like apple sauce !!!! Her first solid food since ... well, Christmas. I believe that we all need to develop a taste for good, healthy food. My mother taught me that. When we got to Florida, the first thing that happened is that my father and husband got together and decided what foods we were going to eat. Daddy wanted us to take him for sushi, something he loves but only wants to eat with us. My husband wanted oysters. I wanted Asian food of some sort, something unavailable in Galena (unless I cook it myself). What I'm getting at here is that food is life, and life is food. I have an aunt who thinks that my sisters and I are frivolous, we laugh and eat through many miseries. But mom has taught us to do that. And we laughed and ate through this one as well.

So glad to hear she's improving......I remember how hard it was when I saw my moms appetite go.....she so enjoyed food. I have set my sights on trying new things. I've said many times, "Oh I want to try that" but ultimately never end up buying it. Well this weeks grocery shopping trip I bought 5 new items I've never had before and can't wait to experience them.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom