"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions
Old 08-03-2005, 08:08 PM   #11
Head Chef
texas, I'm so sorry...i know what a hard decision you face. I've been there - my wonderful cocker got to the place where her life was miserable. I cried all the way to the vet - the vet and I cried together - and I held my sweet doggie while she passed away. I still cry when I think about it. Big hugs to you at this sad time.

Practice random acts of kindness.

callie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2005, 08:14 PM   #12
Chef Extraordinaire
Send a message via Yahoo to middie
I guess I will have to call the vet tomorrow morning. This is going to be painful as H#ll

yes it will texas. but we're here for you if you need us. luvs just went through it with one of her cats so maybe you can talk to her too

middie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2005, 09:13 PM   #13
Executive Chef
texasgirl, I was in your position 2 years ago when we had to put our lasa to sleep because of liver failure. Hubby and I cried and cried when we agreed to put her down so she would not suffer anymore. Yes, talk to your vet. I will say a prayer for your old lady,,,,,wasabi
wasabi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2005, 11:58 PM   #14
Master Chef
TG, sorry to hear about your beloved pet. You are doing the right thing. My dad had to take our golden retriever, Sierra, to the vet in May to be put to sleep. It was the one of the hardest things he has had to do, but he just could not stand to see Sierra suffer any more. I will be thinking of you.

Many hugs, SC
Do what you can, with what you have, where you are.

Theodore Roosevelt
26th president of US (1858 - 1919)
SierraCook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2005, 12:44 AM   #15
Traveling Welcome Wagon
I'm sorry to hear about your Sheba texasgirl. We have lost beloved dogs and cats, and I know how hard it is.

Barbara L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2005, 01:01 AM   #16
Contest Winner
Texasgirl I won't promise this will help, but you might try this, a baby asprin a day for 3 days 81 mg and a little pedialite. If it was a mild stoke this could help. I will pray for you. This option shouldn't hurt your dog. My Brother had some success with this.
If you need a smile, take mine, I'll make a new one.
Maidrite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2005, 04:02 AM   #17
Head Chef
My heart goes out to you Texasgirl, this is such a sad thing for you and your family to go through. Pets are like members of the family so we should mourn them as such, its hard when people are offhand cause "its just a dog" etc. My budgie that had been my mum's died last year at age 10 and I sobbed for days. When our Jack Russell had to move to Darwin cause the neighbours threatened to kill her, I cried for ages and she was just moving.
Talk to the vet, they will know what the best course of action in and know in your heart no matter what happens that Sheba has had a beautiful life with a wonderful family who loves her very much.
There is no such thing as a little garlic.
mrsmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2005, 08:30 AM   #18
Master Chef
Send a message via MSN to crewsk
I'm so sorry that your going through tis Texasgirl. I know how hard it is to see a loved pet sick & hurting. My thoughts are with you!
"Treat everyone with politeness,even those who are rude to you - not because they are nice, but because you are."
crewsk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2005, 08:32 AM   #19
Master Chef
Maidrite, I will try this this weekend, if it doesn't look like it's helping, then I will do what I have to do.
She actually got up and went outside this morning. I had to help her off and on the porch, and she's still wobbling pretty bad, but, she doesn't seem to be as bad as she was yesterday and no so confused. She wagged her tail at everyone that got up to see her. I hope that is a good sign, but, I'm not going to let that keep me from letting her go if she is suffering.
Thank you, ALL of you!! You have made me feel better just being able to talk to you all. I've never had to put down any of my pets before. I guess with 6 dogs, I better be ready for it though.
Everyone, have a great day!!
texasgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2005, 09:11 PM   #20
texasgirl, I am almost afraid to ask, but how did everything go?

You're only given a little spark of madness. You mustn't lose it. Robin Williams
Alix is offline   Reply With Quote