I'm Getting (re)Married!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Laurie, you made the right decision. This way you'll get it done the way you want it, without feeling rushed.

Wise decision Laurie. It is not like your Papa is standing there with a shotgun. Only his blessings. :angel:

Wise decision Laurie. It is not like your Papa is standing there with a shotgun. Only his blessings. :angel:

Addie, my "Papa" is probably looking down and shaking his head, glad he doesn't have to attend. He was overjoyed when we eloped - he loved Tony and the fact we were married, he just wasn't one for weddings or parties. :LOL:

Addie, my "Papa" is probably looking down and shaking his head, glad he doesn't have to attend. He was overjoyed when we eloped - he loved Tony and the fact we were married, he just wasn't one for weddings or parties. :LOL:

Have you considered eloping again?

Check with the cruise line and see if the Captain of the ship will renew your vows while you are on your cruise in September. It would make a nice quiet memory for you both and take some of the pressure off while you plan for the BIG event next year.

Good luck to you both!

Have you considered eloping again?

Check with the cruise line and see if the Captain of the ship will renew your vows while you are on your cruise in September. It would make a nice quiet memory for you both and take some of the pressure off while you plan for the BIG event next year.

Good luck to you both!
Thanks, Aunt Bea, that is a lovely idea. But the whole point of renewing our vows is to do it with our family and friends because we didn't the first time. They understand that and I have so many people that want to help in so many ways that it should be easy now that we will be picking a date that will give everyone time to plan to be there.

You absolutely made the right decision! Even a small wedding has so many details that just shouldn't be rushed.

This will give you a whole year to get everything "just right" and so much less stressful.

I was surprised when Shrek managed our vow renewal with his kids and no input from me. A nice backyard wedding, complete with minister, with the kids and grand kids all around. Our "elopement" just had my side of the family.

I can understand wanting a religious ceremony in your church LP. I sure hope you don't postpone your "romantic just for the two of you" cruise to Alaska though.

We aren't postponing anything!

We had some people talk to us (and post on our FB invite) that we should do what WE want and some people can come and some can't. We think we were just getting frustrated because family weren't excited and getting back to us, or just saying no. But friends are happy not just to come but to help out too.

So, we are having the ceremony and tea as planned on August 23rd of this year and have cancelled the dinner. If there are out of town people they can come to our place after or we can take them to dinner. I feel so much better!

And the fact people want to help us in lieu of presents in everything from decorating, preparing food, helping with the invitations, cleaning up, you name it, has taken a huge weight off of us.

I want to do this and yes, our romantic cruise for two a month later is still happening. We have our cabin with a balcony and I will be taking the dress (after it is worn at the ceremony) as a back-up formal (I had already bought one).

I will post the tea menu soon for feedback!

Now you're talkin, LP........simplify!

As much as you'd like to think this is as important to "them" as it is to you, that's just not a reality. If they can come, that's wonderful. If not, oh well. The ceremony and tea will be special because the two of you are there.

Yay! Good for you, I agree with Kayelle.
Something this big, should be on your time schedule and whomever can be there will be. You can't please everyone all the time, so please yourselves ;). Happy for you!!!

We aren't postponing anything!

We had some people talk to us (and post on our FB invite) that we should do what WE want and some people can come and some can't. We think we were just getting frustrated because family weren't excited and getting back to us, or just saying no. But friends are happy not just to come but to help out too.

So, we are having the ceremony and tea as planned on August 23rd of this year and have cancelled the dinner. If there are out of town people they can come to our place after or we can take them to dinner. I feel so much better!

And the fact people want to help us in lieu of presents in everything from decorating, preparing food, helping with the invitations, cleaning up, you name it, has taken a huge weight off of us.

I want to do this and yes, our romantic cruise for two a month later is still happening. We have our cabin with a balcony and I will be taking the dress (after it is worn at the ceremony) as a back-up formal (I had already bought one).

I will post the tea menu soon for feedback!

Great news Laurie, I am so happy for you!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom