"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions
Old 06-01-2014, 07:27 PM   #71
Master Chef
Now you're talkin, LP........simplify!

As much as you'd like to think this is as important to "them" as it is to you, that's just not a reality. If they can come, that's wonderful. If not, oh well. The ceremony and tea will be special because the two of you are there.

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but rather by the moments that take our breath away.

Kayelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2014, 07:46 PM   #72
Executive Chef
Yay! Good for you, I agree with Kayelle.
Something this big, should be on your time schedule and whomever can be there will be. You can't please everyone all the time, so please yourselves ;). Happy for you!!!

If you don't like the food, have more wine!
Somebunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 12:21 PM   #73
Executive Chef
Originally Posted by LPBeier View Post
We aren't postponing anything!

We had some people talk to us (and post on our FB invite) that we should do what WE want and some people can come and some can't. We think we were just getting frustrated because family weren't excited and getting back to us, or just saying no. But friends are happy not just to come but to help out too.

So, we are having the ceremony and tea as planned on August 23rd of this year and have cancelled the dinner. If there are out of town people they can come to our place after or we can take them to dinner. I feel so much better!

And the fact people want to help us in lieu of presents in everything from decorating, preparing food, helping with the invitations, cleaning up, you name it, has taken a huge weight off of us.

I want to do this and yes, our romantic cruise for two a month later is still happening. We have our cabin with a balcony and I will be taking the dress (after it is worn at the ceremony) as a back-up formal (I had already bought one).

I will post the tea menu soon for feedback!

Great news Laurie, I am so happy for you!

Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. Margaret Mead
bethzaring is offline   Reply With Quote