I'm HUNGRY dang it!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Alix

Everymom
Moderator Emeritus
It's late. I'm tired and a wee bit cranky. :mad: I WANT FOOD!!!!! I know I shouldn't eat at this hour as I'm off to bed as soon as I wind down a bit, but good gracious I'm hungry!

What do you eat when you know you shouldn't? And please don't tell me peapods or cucumbers. I don't want to look at a vegetable tonight! :rolleyes:

It's late. I'm tired and a wee bit cranky. :mad: I WANT FOOD!!!!! I know I shouldn't eat at this hour as I'm off to bed as soon as I wind down a bit, but good gracious I'm hungry!

What do you eat when you know you shouldn't? And please don't tell me peapods or cucumbers. I don't want to look at a vegetable tonight! :rolleyes:

Chicken noodle soup! or a ham sandwich.

You know, I don't THINK I do. I don't really know...perhaps I need to experiment? ;)

I am now eating munchie mix while my soup heats up.

You know, I don't THINK I do. I don't really know...perhaps I need to experiment? ;)

I am now eating munchie mix while my soup heats up.

Happy snacking!!:LOL: Hmmm...I have some buffalo wing pretzels...:pig:

i crave either salty meat or chocolate late at night. ok, well, at 8am when i get off work now that i'm working midnight shifts permanently..

i try to keep a half pound of proscuitto in the fridge every week for those cravings. wrapped around a sesame breadstick, it does the trick.

if not, a pint of ben and jerry's low fat cherry garcia works as well. :pig:

I usually eat some wholemeal bread with a little jam but no butter. Carbohydrates help us to sleep.

My new snack is a bowl of Rice Crispies with a touch of cinnamon sugar srpinkled on top OR I also keep a container of mixed cheerios and cinnamon toast crunch as a "snack mix".

Cheese and crackers or PBJ sandwich with glass of milk. Either one does the trick for me when it's late and I really should not eat anything but am hungry.

I eat peapods AND cucumbers ... he said with a certain virtuous tone ... though the cucumbers are tossed in with the peapods after they've been stir fried with pork, bean sprouts, onions, bamboo shoots, shitake mushrooms, and cabbage tossed in a hoisen sauce and rolled in a Mandarin pancake. (Yes - I'm talking about mu shu!)

(BURP!)

MMMMMMMM!!! Chinese! Why didn't I think of that?

BT, proscuitto! That is going to be my new go to snack.

but making popcorn it makes everyone else around hate you! ;)

alix, i've been buying some really good canadian (although they call it their domestic brand) prosciutto lately from a little italian deli near me that's owned by an actor that's on the new hbo series "boardwalk empire".

he plays deputy halloran, the gooney-looking, fair haired atlantic city cop.

anywho, the pro-shoot (lol, chefjune) is as good as di parma, maybe a bit saltier, at half the price.

i'll try to find out the brand name next time. you probably could get it even cheaper.

i forgot, along the lines of nighttime cravings, i also keep some vermont cheddar and good mustard in the fridge, along with multigrain crackers and onion.

the combo hits a lot of the cravings: salty, savory, crunchy, protein-y.

There are some sesame rice crackers from Costco that are absolutely killer. I put a shmear of smoked salmon cream cheese on them. Mmmmm.

I get my proscuitto from the Italian deli here. I have never checked the brand name. I'll go do that. Last time I was there I got an end chunk (about 2lbs) for $9!!! We ate a LOT of proscuitto that week.

oh man, a hunk of it?

a week? lol, after the fist few chunks were bitten off, lol.

i'm imagining the best, silky, hearty pea soup ever.

I'm saying a week but I really don't remember how long it lasted...not long! I was inspired by this thread and went to the deli. I bought 2 proscuitto ends. One is in the freezer and the other is going to wrap asparagus for Thanksgiving on Sunday. MMMMMMMMM!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom