I'm Ironed Chefed Out...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I agree. Im not thrilled about the judges myself. One thing that stood out for me yesterday was this female judge, saying she didnt care for a dish because she wasnt sure if it was a salad, appetizer or entre. :bangin:

-DEADLY SUSHI- said:
I agree. Im not thrilled about the judges myself. One thing that stood out for me yesterday was this female judge, saying she didnt care for a dish because she wasnt sure if it was a salad, appetizer or entre. :bangin:

Was that Victoria Riccardi (the blonde)? She is to me, the worst judge on the show because many of her criticisms are superficial and off-base, and have nothing to do with the taste of the food. She supposedly has a degree from Le Cordon Blue, but whatever. People use the fact that they got a culinary degree like some sort of badge of honor or something. It means something, but not as much as most people think.

Last edited:
I love watching up till the they start tasting the food and giving their opinions. I think it'd be awesome if other foodnetwork chefs were the judges and had to critique. Except for that lady on Good Food Fast......she just plane gets on my every last nerve.

I'm glad someone else has this opinion. I loved IC when it first came around... got burned out then IC-America, was a great improvement... now growing weak on that too.

Am I alone in assuming the "secret" ingredient is not a secret, and the prep work, or at least, planning was done ahead of time?

I just dont know what to think about some of judges on there. Just because you can afford to eat top shelf grub doesnt mean you know anything about it.

Just because you went to grub school doesnt mean you have a golden palate.

I think it'd be awesome if other foodnetwork chefs were the judges and had to critique.

Now THAT would worth watching! The only problem is 66% of the Iron Chefs have their own shows!

I also think it's kinda cheesy where they stuck ole Alton at. I'd like see HIM go a round or two.

And I would probably have a REAL good time watchin Paula tryin to keep up and not say no curse werds!!!!!!!

Imagine Paula Deen vs Bobby Flay and the secret was butter.

Imagine Emeril Vs Batali and the secret was pasta.

Last edited:
Ham Hock said:
Imagine Paula Deen vs Bobby Flay and the secret was butter.

Imagine Emeril Vs Batali and the secret was pasta.

Those would be some great battles indeed.

I don't know about the rest of you, but I always thought that the orginal Iron Chef was much more entertaining than Iron Chef America. I feel like they got alot more creative with their dishes, even though most of them had some type of Asian influence.

I somewhat agree about Alton Brown. it would be great to see him do a battle here and there, but I really think he makes the best commentator.

Don't watch IC-America much, but I usually like what Ted Allen (Queer Eye for the Straight Guy) has to say when he's one of the judges.

On the Japaneese version of the show they would give them a list of possible secret ingredients to allow them some preperation.

I can't stand ICA. I liked the original but then got burned out it too.

One reason I can't stand ICA is because I absolutely, positivly cannot, in any way, shape form or iota, stand Bobby Flay, his ilk or anything he is even remotely connected with. His very visage in my sight is enough to invoke a very real physical reaction in the pit of my stomach.

~ Raven ~

Logicaly Bobby Flay is a jerk face. BUT...... when it comes to IronChef I am 100% nurtral. Bobboy Flay IS a tad of a jerk. BUT...... I owe respect to those that put their heart into their recipes. Im just happy we have a cooking forum. :) What would we do without it?

Back
Top Bottom