"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 12-22-2007, 01:20 PM   #21
Head Chef

He will make it till tomorrow, BT. In fact, I have a feeling he will get the transplant he needs to make it a lot longer. Just a feeling.

Sending positive thoughts to you.

Lee

Old 12-22-2007, 01:40 PM   #22
Master Chef

My heart goes out to you Bucky and Ozzy ...I remember you talking about you guys falling out in the past. Sometimes we have to shut people out for our own sanity and safety... don't ever beat yourself up for that because that was the best thing for you to do at that time. However, on that note. People do change....I'm proof positive of that. We've all made mistakes in our lives and wished we could take things back but unfort. we can't and people remember us for our actions.....the good and the bad. Sometimes they won't give another person a chance to prove themselves. I know I have someone who will probably never forgive me but thats okay because I forgive myself and I forgive her for all she ever did to me and that forgiveness brought so much peace into my life. Its no longer a burden. I hope and pray that Ozzy found that peace and acceptance in your choice and that you can too.
I know that you cannot make it to the hospital. Is Ozzy capable of talking? If so can you call one of your friends and arrange a time to speak to him on the phone. If he's not able to speak he can still hear you as thats the last of our senses to go. You can still arrange that phone call and have someone hold the phone up to his ear and say all the things you need to say that will help you and him both out during this time.
Prayers going up that you are able to get this opportunity and that God will continue to embrace your friend and lead him on his chosen path whatever it may be.

Just a note.......if any of you get a chance to watch the following movies please make the time to do it.....they have such a strong message.

The Note
For One More Day

Each aired on the Hallmark channel and I believe will air again. Maybe they'll bring some peace to your lives or give you the nudge to reach out to someone you haven't in a long time.

Old 12-22-2007, 01:51 PM   #23
Chef Extraordinaire

Terrible news BT. My thoughts are certainly with you and your friend. I too had a falling out or drifting apart with a "bestest" friend about 6 years ago. Your post has me thinking of contacting him to see how he's been and open the door for patching things up.
Old 12-22-2007, 02:34 PM   #24
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Location: I live in the Heartland of the United States - Western Kentucky
Oh, buckytom, you and Ozzy have Buck's and my prayers for sure. Everyone's advice has been on target. Just get to him when you can and, as has already been suggested, see if there is a way he can at least hear your voice. Just hearing you might be that extra medicine that will give him strength to carry on.

This is the season of miracles and I do, with all my heart, believe in the power of prayer. Love and hugs for you both.
Old 12-22-2007, 02:53 PM   #25
Chef Extraordinaire

I'm so sorry to hear this, BT. I hope you are able to see your friend tomorrow. Best wishes to you both.
Old 12-22-2007, 02:54 PM   #26
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by SizzlininIN View Post
Just a note.......if any of you get a chance to watch the following movies please make the time to do it.....they have such a strong message.

The Note
Hi, Sizzlin. I think you meant "The Notebook"? You're right, it's a beautiful story.
Old 12-22-2007, 03:29 PM   #27
DC's Angel

I am with you.
Old 12-22-2007, 03:36 PM   #28
Master Chef

Buckytom, I will be thinking of you today. Ozzy sounds like a great guy that anyone would wish to have as friend and buddy. Take care and the morning will be here before you know it and you will get to see your friend.

Many hugs, SC

Theodore Roosevelt
26th president of US (1858 - 1919)
SierraCook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2007, 03:38 PM   #29
Master Chef

Send a message via Yahoo to Barb L.
Prayers have been sent, Bless you both.
Old 12-22-2007, 04:34 PM   #30
Traveling Welcome Wagon

I am praying for Ozzy and for you Buckytom. I hope you do make it there on time, but please remember that (as someone has already said) a falling-out does not undo all those years of friendship. It really doesn't even put a crimp in it. It is actually a very normal part of a life-long friendship.

Barbara