I'm just waitin' on a friend.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
wow, gw and qsis, beth, m^2, andy, and pds, thank you, and truely, thank you all!

i just spoke to the oz, and there's bad and good news. the bad news is he's going in for surgery on monday. it's very risky. the good news is he's going to get some device that should supplement his left ventricle that should keep him alive long enough for a transplant.

and he sounded much better today, both physically and spiritually.

and yes, i wear my hearty on my sleeve. always have, probably always will. ;)

That's a good thing, bucky, really, and it'll be good for your boy to see that, too.

I'm so glad to hear that you went to see Oz and that you've spoken since. I'm sure it's good for him, and I know it is for you. It was a brave thing you did, reaching out like that after so long.

Hugs to you, friend.

Buckytom, I am so glad you went to visit your old friend. I know you will be there for him during this difficult time. Keeping you and your friend in my thoughts and prayers.

wow, gw and qsis, beth, m^2, andy, and pds, thank you, and truely, thank you all!

i just spoke to the oz, and there's bad and good news. the bad news is he's going in for surgery on monday. it's very risky. the good news is he's going to get some device that should supplement his left ventricle that should keep him alive long enough for a transplant.

and he sounded much better today, both physically and spiritually.

I see no bad news in your post at all BT!! All surgery is risky, and this op will probably be quicker and easier than the heart transplant op. So while there is a big risk here, it is still less than Oz having to undergo a heart transplant op in the condition he is currently in. It might help him to breathe a lot better too.

Let's just hope that this op on NYE puts him in a good place for 2008. All the best for your mate.

huh, bucky, I just came around this...
I hope the very best for Ozzy, that he will live another 100years and you will catch up the last years!

buckytom, I'm so sorry I haven't been up-to-date with DC lately. I am praying for Ozzie and the surgury and his surgeons. May you and Ozzie have many years to fill with laughter, jokes and good food. My prayers are with the both of you. Give Ozzie, his family and re-found bestest friend hugs from me. Love and Faith, Dawn T :>)

Bucky; all sounds good. You have re-connected with Ozzie. I don't know the guy, but wish I did, and that I could be there to give personal support. I'm thinking that he's gonna have to join us and track down Mudbug, and raid the pool.;)

But all kidding aside, you are there for him and that is a great thing for the both of you. Keep the faith, litterally. Yes, science is a great thing, but when it fails, miracles still happen. I've seen them with my own eyes, and have been a party to some.

You're a good man Charlie Br..., uh, I mean BuckyTom.:)

Seeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

ok, the update on ozzy.

last friday the hospital determined that he was moving up the transplant list as he grew closer to death, and his tests came back showing that he's a good candidate. on friday morning, the technician reported that his left ventricle was pretty much shot and she could not even take a measurement.
on monday, the docs installed a left venticular assist device, or essentially a pump. the worry was that the right side would not start back up in conjunction.
the operation went smoothly and was a success, and his heart took off fully functioning right away. his dad says he might be able to take calls by tonight, and have visitors by next monday.

ozzy and i talked every day up until his operation, even early that morning as he was getting prepped. it was like old times, even using our stupid old phone greeting "hey mon!" (from the skit on "in living color", about the west indian guys that put each other down for only working 17 jobs that week.)

he should be able to live for a long while with this pump, and in the mean time is ready for a transplant.

so miracles do happen. thank you all for your prayers, and being part of ozzy's miracle.

WooHoo, bt!!! What amazing news! What happens next? Does he stay in the hospital waiting for a heart? Will he be able to go home to wait? I'm so glad to hear he has this new chance. Keep us updated and tell the Oz we're all rootin' for him.

i don't know all that much, f-mom. he'll be in the hopsital a good while, i'd imagine. they had to crack him open, so that's gotta be at least a coupla weeks. he'll have to live with wires sticking out of his chest for batteries, and probably some kind of telemetry. but he plans to be home asap.

the last thing he said to me is that if he gets the transplant, he'll race me down bear mountain in killington in the winter of 2010.

i'll really feel bad beating him, ya know... :-p

Start selling tickets to that race BT. James and I will be there to watch. :cool:

I'm glad things are going well, and I will continue to pray for Ozzy.

:)Barbara

ok, the update on ozzy.

last friday the hospital determined that he was moving up the transplant list as he grew closer to death, and his tests came back showing that he's a good candidate. on friday morning, the technician reported that his left ventricle was pretty much shot and she could not even take a measurement.
on monday, the docs installed a left venticular assist device, or essentially a pump. the worry was that the right side would not start back up in conjunction.
the operation went smoothly and was a success, and his heart took off fully functioning right away. his dad says he might be able to take calls by tonight, and have visitors by next monday.

ozzy and i talked every day up until his operation, even early that morning as he was getting prepped. it was like old times, even using our stupid old phone greeting "hey mon!" (from the skit on "in living color", about the west indian guys that put each other down for only working 17 jobs that week.)

he should be able to live for a long while with this pump, and in the mean time is ready for a transplant.

so miracles do happen. thank you all for your prayers, and being part of ozzy's miracle.

Wow, bucky, your post brought tears to my eyes. What good news!!! Not only do you two have a new year ahead, you've started with a new clean page of your friendship. How lovely. Continued love, prayers and support are sent to you both and your families. Keep us posted.

Oh, start waxing your skis.:-p

Last edited:
Hi BT... reading this whole thread was heart breaking, inspiring, hopeful, and uplifting all at the same time. Sounds like Ozzy has been given a second chance. And you have been given some time to make things right (I believe you already have) between you two. I say make the time that you guys have count. I understand many of the feelings that you have and know the hurt and regret and frustration that you face in these humbling situations. I have been there more times than I feel somebody my age should have to face.... but for what it is worth, I have learned some valuable lessons from it all and it is to forgive quickly and gracefully, always to remember to tell someone that you care and what they mean to you, and to unload those regrets as soon as you can.

My heart is with you BT... I'm sorry that it took me so long to express this to you.

I'm so happy to hear that you and ozzy had been given this gift of time to make amends and put the past behind you. I will keep him in my thoughts and prayers and hope and pray he beats your arse in 2010 ;).

Thanks for the update Bucky, God has Blessed your best friend and friendship again, this touches all our hearts. May many Blessing follow.

Back
Top Bottom