"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 12-26-2007, 07:34 PM   #51
Sous Chef

Send a message via AIM to mikki
BT- I'm sure Ozzy understands your feelings when he tried to mend things, even though maybe you weren't speaking, you are best buds. He knows you and how you are, just as you know him and how he is. Friendships like that don't stop just because your not speaking to each other. You are always in each others hearts,regardless of what you are in each others minds.
When you talk to him don't talk with regret, talk with gratitude.
Best of luck to the both of you, you'll be in my thoughts.

Old 12-26-2007, 10:43 PM   #52
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via MSN to kitchenelf
Bucky - I am praying. I'm so glad he got to meet your son - what a wonderful wife you have, huh? I've got my arms wrapped around both of you and praying that He is also embracing both of you right now.

"Count yourself...you ain't so many" - quote from Buck's Daddy
kitchenelf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2007, 07:00 PM   #53
Executive Chef

I just read this report again BT. Any new reports yet?
Old 12-28-2007, 09:44 AM   #54
Chef Extraordinaire

hiya lefse.

i finally got to see him last night. he didn't look as bad as i thought he would, but he couldn't speak for more than a few minutes at a time. he kept fading in and out of consciousness.
we talked about what happened to our friendship, but it was a little difficult to do it in short bursts. there was a lot to cover. but mostly it was that we were both sorry for having let things go. i think he understands a little better about why i stopped speaking to him, and that i feel terribly about how i handled this. unfortunately, while the basis for our falling out was due to his uncontrolled drug use and other issues, a lot of it had to do with his ex-wife. he's still in touch with her since her kids (from a previous marriage. ozzy adopted them when they got married) still live with him. also, she lives only a few blocks away. she's a loser of the first sort, so he and his dad (it's his dad's house) did the right thing and had the kids stay with them when she moved out after the divorce.
ozzy's dad is a great guy, like my second dad. he's been the town's boy scout leader for 30+ years, since we were scouts. it's funny; chatting with him last night when ozzy fell asleep was just like we were 12 again, at a scout meeting. somehow the conversation turned into some interesting trivia about john paul jones and the american revolution. i really missed that.

i'm gonna have to deal with the situation with his ex at some point. i hope i don't strangle her. i know i can't directly blame her, but i keep thinking if ozzy had never met her, he'd probasbly wouldn't have gotten back into drugs after he cleaned up the first time in his late 20's.

well, the good news is that ozzy's being tested 9 ways to sunday now, so they can try different treatments to get the old heart to keep going as long as possible, and to be ready if a transplant becomes available.
at least he's much more comfortable. he's still inches from death, but there's still hope.

i'd really like to believe that it's due in part to the love and energy that you all have sent his way. thank you from, umm, the bottom of my heart.

Meh nom eh noh...doot dooooo do do do.
buckytom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2007, 09:53 AM   #55
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via AIM to pdswife Send a message via MSN to pdswife Send a message via Yahoo to pdswife
Bucky... I'm glad that you were able to visit with him. I'm sure YOUR love and energy helped a lot! Friendship and love and human touch have great healing powers.

smiles, T
Old 12-28-2007, 10:25 AM   #56
Certified Pretend Chef

BT, sorry I missd this thread earlier.

I feel your heaviness of heart over you friend's situation and your wanting to get to him. You and he are in our thoughts throughout this time. You've known him too long for him not to know you are still his brother.
Old 12-28-2007, 02:18 PM   #57
Executive Chef

Send a message via Yahoo to Michelemarie
Bucky, I'm sorry - you and your friend are on my prayer list, i'm sorry-a big hug coming your way.
Old 12-28-2007, 02:25 PM   #58
Executive Chef

hey buddy, you are making progress, glad you got to see him and his dad. Don't do anything rash regarding harvesting a heart, j/k, things will work out as they should.
Old 12-28-2007, 02:26 PM   #59
Head Chef

Encouraging news, BT!

Thanks again for sharing so much with us!

Lee
Old 12-28-2007, 08:09 PM   #60
Master Chef

I don't need to say anything. You know how I feel about this. And I know that it hurts to see someone you love take the wrong road (his drug habit) while you are living a better life because you choose to. I knwo how you wish that he would have followed your example.

I know because I have a son that is walking the wrong road (not drugs thanfully, but the road of irresponibility). He's not doing many things wrong, but is wasting his life when he could be striving to make it better. He needs to stop the cigarettes, and the late-night parties with his "bud's".

This of course is nothing compared to the issues your freind has. But it still allows me a bit of insight, and you know how I love my kids, and so it hurts and is frustrating. I understand, especially when you freind took custody of the kids, how you could get as mad as a nest of tromped on yellow-jackets.

The point is, you took the steps to make things right in his time of need. You are his freind. You are his example. You are an example to many of us. Take care of you.

Seeeeya; Goodweed of the North

Check out my blog for the friendliest cooking instruction on the net. Go ahead. You know you want to.- http://gwnorthsfamilycookin.wordpress.com/
Chief Longwind Of The North is online now   Reply With Quote