I'm just waitin' on a friend.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
He will make it till tomorrow, BT. In fact, I have a feeling he will get the transplant he needs to make it a lot longer. Just a feeling.

Sending positive thoughts to you.

Lee

My heart goes out to you Bucky and Ozzy ...I remember you talking about you guys falling out in the past. Sometimes we have to shut people out for our own sanity and safety... don't ever beat yourself up for that because that was the best thing for you to do at that time. However, on that note. People do change....I'm proof positive of that. We've all made mistakes in our lives and wished we could take things back but unfort. we can't and people remember us for our actions.....the good and the bad. Sometimes they won't give another person a chance to prove themselves. I know I have someone who will probably never forgive me but thats okay because I forgive myself and I forgive her for all she ever did to me and that forgiveness brought so much peace into my life. Its no longer a burden. I hope and pray that Ozzy found that peace and acceptance in your choice and that you can too.
I know that you cannot make it to the hospital. Is Ozzy capable of talking? If so can you call one of your friends and arrange a time to speak to him on the phone. If he's not able to speak he can still hear you as thats the last of our senses to go. You can still arrange that phone call and have someone hold the phone up to his ear and say all the things you need to say that will help you and him both out during this time.
Prayers going up that you are able to get this opportunity and that God will continue to embrace your friend and lead him on his chosen path whatever it may be.

Just a note.......if any of you get a chance to watch the following movies please make the time to do it.....they have such a strong message.

The Note
For One More Day

Each aired on the Hallmark channel and I believe will air again. Maybe they'll bring some peace to your lives or give you the nudge to reach out to someone you haven't in a long time.

Last edited:
Terrible news BT. My thoughts are certainly with you and your friend. I too had a falling out or drifting apart with a "bestest" friend about 6 years ago. Your post has me thinking of contacting him to see how he's been and open the door for patching things up.

Oh, buckytom, you and Ozzy have Buck's and my prayers for sure. Everyone's advice has been on target. Just get to him when you can and, as has already been suggested, see if there is a way he can at least hear your voice. Just hearing you might be that extra medicine that will give him strength to carry on.

This is the season of miracles and I do, with all my heart, believe in the power of prayer. Love and hugs for you both.

Last edited:
Buckytom, I will be thinking of you today. Ozzy sounds like a great guy that anyone would wish to have as friend and buddy. Take care and the morning will be here before you know it and you will get to see your friend.

Many hugs, SC

I am praying for Ozzy and for you Buckytom. I hope you do make it there on time, but please remember that (as someone has already said) a falling-out does not undo all those years of friendship. It really doesn't even put a crimp in it. It is actually a very normal part of a life-long friendship.

Barbara

{{{{{{{{{{{{{{BuckyTom}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}
My deepest sympathy for you and your friends family.
Do yourself a favor, go and talk to your friend. Say all the things you are thinking and feeling. Whatever the outcome you will know he knows how you truly feel and how he has effected you and your life.
May you find your peace.

thank you very much, everyone.

a friend that went to see him this afternoon called. she said he was rejected from the transplant list as the way it's been presented (they don't do transplants on cases where the damage was done from drug abuse). so they're just gonna pump him full of stuff to get him strong enough to go home.

the next episode will be his last, however. the doc told him to go directly to the transplant center into the emergency room. as an emergency, they have to attempt a transplant if a heart is available.

the beauracratic b.s. is unbelievable. he's been clean now for 4 years, but i guess our wonderful, benevolent, judeo-christian based society can find no room for forgiveness in it's day to day operations.

sorry about the rant.

thanks again, everyone. it means a lot to me.

Oh man Bucky. That's horrible. I'm so sorry. You definately have my thoughts and prayers buddy. And I'll send them Ozzy's way too.

Tom I am so sorry to hear the news about your friend. I am appalled that he has been rejected from the transplant program. It seems a part of the old Hippocratic Oath should be reinstated:

" I shall keep them from harm and injustice"

Like many things, it too has been changed to suit the times and the people taking that oath. :(

I am thinking of you both and pray that there is an intervention of some kind that can help him.

Lyn

I am so sorry to hear this. Yeah, the red tape at the hospitals and getting on a transplant list is inane and don't even get me started on the insurance companies. We just went through a ton of hospital/insurance BS when my step-dad died.

Anyway, I hope you get to visit with your friend and thank him for all of the years of friendship and say what you need to say. Somone earlier posted that just because you had a falling out doesn't wipe out all those years of friendship and good times, remember that.

I'm so sorry about the turn of events, you and your friends are in my thoughts.

That looks good, Sizzlin! I will tape it, since I'll be at my parents' house.

Thanks!

Lee

Back
Top Bottom