I'm not a genius

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JoeV

Washing Up
Many of you know I really enjoy cooking and baking bread. Today I was referred to as a "genius" in a post, and it caused me to pause and reflect why anyone would pay me such a high compliment, when I don't consider myself as being exceptional in the kitchen...just passionate.

Well, it didn't take very long to figure out, so I need to publicly acknowledge that my creativity has come from 8 months of being surrounded by hundreds of extremely talented people on this website. Your passion for cooking and baking, your creative meals from minimal ingredients and your use of exotic and unusual ingredients in both cooking and baking have been a real inspiration to me. I have truly been blessed by your willingness to share your talents with all of us, and your patience when I have been a bit slow in catching on. It's so true that if you surround yourself with successful people, that you too will become successful.

I've just scratched the surface in the kitchen, and I know there is so much to learn and so many experiments to pursue in search of better meals and tastier breads. I will do my best to be a good student in your school of food & life, but please understand that the credit goes to all of you. I am just a product of your sharing and your caring, and I will always do my best to make you proud as I continue to learn, and continue to share with others those things that have been freely given to me.

God bless each of you, and Thank You!

JoeV

How blessed we ARE to have a person such as you in our midst! :)

Big Smiles to you Joe! As well as to the rest of our dear family!!!!:):):)

LOL Joe, I was going to start a thread just for you and your genius!!!
(I wana try NYT as dinner rolls.... I think i will post that... )

Anyway, you're an excellent addition to this site, and you are wonderful because of your willingness to share!

I know I'm not a cooking inspiration to anyone... but I am inspired by your cooking creations Joe. What you stated brought tears to my eyes and I think you are right on when speaking of the folks here at DC.

Thank you for your words, Joe (because I agree with them, not because I think I am an inspiration to anyone), and thanks for being you. You inspire me in so many ways I can't list them. Like I said in my visitor message, you have me wanting to thrift shop for a pasta maker....tonight!!!!!

By the way, I think your name should be "The Bread Man" because that is what you are becoming known as.

man, joe, you make all of the other new people suck!

he hee. :-p

dee said it best. WE are the lucky ones, to have your uniqueness added to our collective.

what's nice about you, Joe, and the other cooks here who do it here as well and there are many of you, are the mouth-watering pictures that you post after your accomplishments.........and I love bread and savories.............

Hey Bucky, you are going to scare off any other new people and there may just be a few more Joe's! Not that there could be another one but....well you know what I mean.

Yes, we are the lucky ones for having Joe, the Bread Man in our midst.

AGREE!!! Maybe the mods here can fix him up with his own title!

Thanks for all your kind words. I don't want to change my name and I don't need a title. Just look to politics and the entertainment industry to see what happens to people who try to become something they are not. No, I'm just a happy clam hanging out with my "peeps" on DC and learning new and different ways feeding the world, one mouth at a time.:LOL::pig::LOL: Urp!

JoeV

Gee, thanks Joe. You're welcome :ermm:
:LOL::ROFLMAO::LOL:

I feel the same way about this site, Joe. Lot's of info to be had and I appreciate the help you gave me with my bread :)

Back
Top Bottom