I'm Officially a "Renny"

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Callisto in NC

Washing Up
For those that don't know what that means, it means I'm going back for my second season as a Renaissance Faire worker. My boss from last year, on the same day I was thinking about emailing her and asking if she'd have me back, called me to ask me to come back. I sell jewelry there and help add to people's faire experience.

I can't wait this year because I'm making enough money this year at my day job to be able to sample all the food that I didn't get to taste last year. Artichoke Dip bowls, stew bowls, Scottish eggs (the worlds BEST hangover cure), steak on a stick, the best fudge in North Carolina, and all the other goodies I can't remember right now.

The only down side it the bodice I have to wear. It's tight and hard to drive in. But it's worth it to get in to the fair free.

Here's our Faire. I think Barbara L and Kitchenelf should visit us. And anyone else in the NC area. It's a grand old time.

I was going to ask if you have to dress up. I would love to see some pics.

Thats awesome. Have a good time

I was checking out that website. that looks awesome.

Dress is mandatory. I'll take some pictures next weekend and post them (albeit reluctantly because I'm not skinny). I wear a couple different outfits but opening weekend gets the red and black bodice and ribbon skirt. Always my favorite. Then again, maybe the new green and purple would be fun this weekend. My bodice is reversable making it go with twice as many outfits.

That looks like it would be fun! And I already have a dress! Several years ago DH and I were in the choir at church and we did a madrigal dinner theater at Christmas. I made us costumes then. I don't know that we can get there this year but maybe next year. Will look forward to seeing pics. Have fun!

We would love to go! We went a couple years ago and loved it! We wouldn't be able to dress up, but fortunately it isn't a requirement just to visit. I would love to dress up for it, but right now our money has to go for other things. Hopefully we will be able to go!

:)Barbara

We would love to go! We went a couple years ago and loved it! We wouldn't be able to dress up, but fortunately it isn't a requirement just to visit. I would love to dress up for it, but right now our money has to go for other things. Hopefully we will be able to go!

If you go, PM me and I'll let you know where our booth is so you can stop and say hi.

Dressing up is definitely not a requirement to attend. I have to because I work there but attendees need not dress.

I saw some beautiful earrings and other jewelry there last time. I will have to buy a pair or two if we do get the chance to go.

I saw some beautiful earrings and other jewelry there last time. I will have to buy a pair or two if we do get the chance to go.

Our booth is near the back, near the belly dancers. Just promise me you'll wait to buy anything until you get all the way to the back so you don't miss us. :) We have great rings and earrings all handmade.

Back
Top Bottom