"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 04-23-2008, 12:01 AM   #1
Master Chef

I'm Ready!

The fly-line backing is on the reel, connected to the fly line, which is connected to the leader (weight forward), which is connected to the tippet. My fly rod is just waiting for after I get back from Washington. I leave for my daughters wedding next Tuesday (May 2nd) and will be back on the 17th. I now just have to wash a few more clothes and pack my bags (and get a bunch of voicemail boxes transfered from one system that we are abandoning to a newer voicemail server, and figure out how to make the "special mailboxes", all before Friday afternoon, and write up procedures for everyone else who might have to work on it while I'm gone. And, to make things worse, I have to babysit a video conference session tomorrow for at least two hours, maybe more.

So much to do, so little time to do it.

But on Tuesday, I'll be headed west.

Seeeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

Check out my blog for the friendliest cooking instruction on the net. Go ahead. You know you want to.- http://gwnorthsfamilycookin.wordpress.com/
Chief Longwind Of The North is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 01:00 AM   #2
Head Chef

Have a very good trip

Old 04-23-2008, 03:49 AM   #3
Executive Chef

Awww, your daughter is getting married! How exciting! Have a great trip GW!!!
Old 04-23-2008, 05:50 AM   #4
Executive Chef

Have a good trip and may your daughter have a joyous wedding!
Old 04-23-2008, 06:34 AM   #5
Chef Extraordinaire

You can't find some way to fit a little fishing in inbetween wedding stuff?
Old 04-23-2008, 08:26 AM   #6
Executive Chef

I hear ya there, GW! I've been going out fishing for the past month, after crappie and catfish. I haven't caught squat! I know there's fish in this lake, as I see them hitting on the surface all the time. Heck, the past two nights I've been going night fishing, and that's when it really picks up! Last night I even saw two beavers!

I wish I had a fly rod. I did a little fly fishing as a kid, catching sunfish on poppers. With all the small fish hitting on the surface, probably after small insects or minnows, you'd think I could catch something.

Have fun at your daughter's wedding. Take plenty of pictures!
Old 04-23-2008, 09:17 AM   #7
Executive Chef

Congratulations, GW! Hope you have beautiful day and you don't get too teary eyed and nervous. Isn't this a great time! Does your new son in law meet your approval? What more, can you sweet daughter cook? Such blessing when two people get married and have parents that love them. What more could you ask except that they both be blessed with good health and happiness.

thanks for sharing.
Old 04-23-2008, 09:49 AM   #8
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via AIM to pdswife Send a message via MSN to pdswife Send a message via Yahoo to pdswife
Congrats to you and your daughter!

What part of Washington are you visiting? We have some beautiful mountain lakes and streams around here. Not sure about fly fishing but we've caught some great trout using our plain old poles.

Have a blast!
Old 04-23-2008, 10:10 AM   #9
Cook

Congrats to you and your entire family, and have an awesome trip.
Old 04-23-2008, 05:26 PM   #10
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdswife View Post
Congrats to you and your daughter!

What part of Washington are you visiting? We have some beautiful mountain lakes and streams around here. Not sure about fly fishing but we've caught some great trout using our plain old poles.

Have a blast!
Seattle/Tacoma area. I'd love to find the time, but don't think it'll happen. I have kids to visit with before and after the wedding.

Quote:
Originally Posted by In the Kitchen
Congratulations, GW! Hope you have beautiful day and you don't get too teary eyed and nervous. Isn't this a great time! Does your new son in law meet your approval? What more, can you sweet daughter cook? Such blessing when two people get married and have parents that love them. What more could you ask except that they both be blessed with good health and happiness.

thanks for sharing.
The young man is all we hoped for. He's responsible, intelligent, in good health, as whacky as we are, has great standards, shares our daughter's faith, and most importantly, loves her like crazy. She's a great cook in her own right, but is still learning some things from dear old Dad. They will both be attending BYU University this fall. I just hope he can handle her mischievious streak. If he can do that, she's a lot of fun too.

Thanks for the good wishes everyone. And yes, I'll be taking pictures, lots of pictures, and maybe a few of them will be of the prepared food (that I'm preparing). I have a lot of work cut out for me in the next week and a half.

Seeeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

Check out my blog for the friendliest cooking instruction on the net. Go ahead. You know you want to.- http://gwnorthsfamilycookin.wordpress.com/
Chief Longwind Of The North is offline   Reply With Quote