I'm ready for my nap now, Mr. Demille

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

VeraBlue

Executive Chef
This is my day, so far... Up at 6:30, marketing by 8am. I went to the german bakery for christmas cupcakes (both kids are home tonight! So what if they are 21 and 18 years old, who doesn't love a cupcake with a snowman on top?). Then to the butcher for 4 T-bones, some double pork chops and a pound of italian sausage. Green grocer was next for assorted nuts for baking, and some general produce. Supermarket was next. I just went in for the rest of what I needed for baking..and ended up spending $145! I know I got alot of butter, but I don't recall purchasing the whole cow.:LOL:

Came home and cleaned the cabinets in the kitchen. Honestly, how can you expect me to bake when the cabinets are such a mess? Why do I have three boxes of ham flavoured packets? Why do I have two open jars of ginger? Why do I have chocolate flavoured syrup with a use by date of 4/2003??? As a person who hates the smell and flavour of curry...what am I doing with a jar of curry and a jar of tumeric? Two open corn starches, two jars of mustard seed. Dill seed???? Who am I? Farmer Joe?? I had a box of tea bags, Lady Grey, shoved so far back in a a corner the box was actually dusty.:sick: There was a small bag of coffee beans (I only use beans, never already ground) that had a note on the bag. It said "You don't like this bag of beans" and then there was a sad face on the bag. See, Lou makes the coffee on the weekend and apparently, one time he made the coffee from this bag of beans. I told him I didn't like the flavour so he wrote a note on the bag so he'd remember I didn't like it and not make it again. So, the million dollar question is "why didn't I just throw it out??" I suppose I was keeping it around if ever there was a coffee shortage. Not a shortage in Columbia, but a shortage in my cabinet. I have 4 open pacakges of cupcake wrappers. I haven't made a cupcake with a wrapper in about 10 years. If anyone needs any decorating sugar in red and green colours, don't bother buying it. I've got about 5 pounds of each. Did you know that golden raisins look like black raisins when they get old? Get the picture?? The three cabinets were a mess and I just couldn't begin the baking unless I did something about it. It was like the proverbial crooked picture. It would have driven my crazy if I didn't attend to it.

I officially have 16 different types of cookies to bake. I made the dough for 8 different kinds today. I didn't bake anything, but the dough is ready for the next phase.

I ran outside and just added three more strands of lights to the greenery.

So, I'm sitting here now, thinking I'm ready for my nap. But noooooooo, it's just about cocktail hour:brows:..so instead I'm headed to the shower.

Then I'll return to the kitchen to get dinner started. We're having caesar salad. I've got those tbones to deal with. I'm also planning on having roasted potatoes and mashed carrots with chestnuts. I have a loaf of italian bread as long as my leg, so I should do something with that too.

Between cocktail hour and the beginning of dinner Lou and I will take a walk around town to see the new additions to the christmas light scene. We may adjourn to the budoir for a little ah...ahem...card playing:angel:.

I wonder if the elves have it so rough??

You've made me tired. I'm going to go take a nap.

zzzzzzzzzzzzzz. Nighty night.

Vera,
I don't know how you did all that in one day. I know you must need a nap..forget the "cards" LOL
Marge

When you're with someone you love, does it matter if you are good at strip poker or not? :angel:??

We got a nice long walk in last night. Just walked around town looking at the lights on the houses and gardens. Having a bourbon go-cup was a nice touch!

I'm thinking about heading back into the kitchen now for more dough making. Although, I have to admit, the sofa looks pretty good right about now!

Back
Top Bottom