"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions
Old 11-19-2008, 08:29 PM   #11
Executive Chef
Oh, Mikki I know how you feel it's the hardest thing to do, I so dread the day I must do the same the same but I plan on holding my creature until she or he passes with the help of the vet no matter how hard it is. Just the thought of it makes me cry.

"It's so beautifully arranged on the plate - you know someone's fingers have been all over it." - Julia Child
jpmcgrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 08:30 PM   #12
Chef Extraordinaire
I send you hugs and prayers for ease and peace with your Tyler, I had to do this not to long ago with my little doxie Maggie. While she cared for the whole family this little on was my shadow and one day she said no to food and water and I knew she was hurting and so the end had come..I still see her looking at me from my arms as the vet gave her the injection that brought the peaceful sleep and to this day I cry...I miss her so, but I try to remember all the joy she brought me and all the love no matter what...Miss her, yes terribly so much so that I still cannot even think of another dog..I hope one day some of the ache will leave when I think of her, till then I try to give all the love I can to the little red doxie my mom left behind and who needs attention and loving.

HEAVEN is Cade, Ethan,Carson, and Olivia,Alyssa,Gianna
kadesma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 08:31 PM   #13
Executive Chef
"Many people have eaten my cooking & gone on to lead Normal lives."

deelady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 09:14 PM   #14
Senior Cook
I'm so sorry Mikki. I had a beloved dog for 15 years that was diagnosed with cancer. My discussion with the doctor proved that he would no longer be happy at home on the kitchen floor. I held him in my arms and said goodbye while the vet gave him a shot. He went peacefully. It was the hardest thing I ever did. I went out in the street and just bawled & howled. I think about how fortunate I was to have shared time together. I'm glad his suffering ended and I believe he is with Gods creatures.
Getting another best friend was my salvation.
chefmaloney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 09:31 PM   #15
Master Chef
Please know that my thoughts are with you during this difficult time. I have had so many beloved pets in my life and everytime I have to make this decision I tell myself no more, but I never last very long and soon I have a new best friend. You'll get through this and you'll know when your ready for the next one. Take the time and grieve.
Finally things have started clicking for me, my knees, my elbows, my back, etc...
getoutamykitchen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 09:38 PM   #16
Chef Extraordinaire
oh my dear, this is such a hard thing to bear. give comfort if you can , by holding him when they give him the shot. i did that with my old Siamese. i did not want him to be scared. he was such a gentle soul. i cried and cried as we must. my daughter is facing the same thing with her fourteen year old border collie, the dog has cancer in his jaw. i hope she does not wait to long. she says she is eating and drinking and wagging her tail. it is very hard for her to do. it is never easy, try to see it as one more loving thing you can do for an old friend.
"life isn't about how to survive the storm but how to dance in the rain"
babetoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 09:56 PM   #17
Master Chef
Dear Mikki, I do know how it is , been there more times than I can remember.
Sending hugs to you...
LadyCook61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 10:22 PM   #18
Chef Extraordinaire
Send a message via Yahoo to middie
Oh Mikki I'm so sorry. I know how you feel. It's never easy.
middie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 11:20 PM   #19
Chef Extraordinaire
i'm truely sorry mikki. there's no words to adequately describe the grief.

just try to think of all of the good times, and all of the love you gave each other. that's all any of us have in the end, really.
in nomine patri, et fili, et spiritus sancti.
beidh ar la linn.
wisdom is often in short supply within ones' ego.
buckytom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 11:40 PM   #20
Sous Chef
Mikki-I too feel your pain and I understand the anguish of your decision. I went through the very same thing with our little Bailey this past summer, and it was the most heart-wrenching thing I've ever had to do. A day doesn't go by that I don't think about her, and it still makes me so sad sometimes.

Sattie is right-relish the time you have left, and know that you are doing the right thing. So many great people came to prop me up when I had to do it, and we're all here for you now.

Thoughts & prayers are on their way.

Mess with me and you mess with the whole trailer park!!!
smoke king is offline   Reply With Quote