I'm really sad

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm thinking of you Miki - I've been there beefore and walked away from the vets with tears in my eyes, We are likely to face this soon - our dag is 11+ (he was a rescue so we don't know exact age) and had arhiritus (sp??) and other joint problems. He is also getting very dopy, deaf and his eyesight is starting to go. He is on medication but we have to face a decision at some point.

I sorry to hear the sad news, Mikki. It's a tough decision for sure, but we can't let them continue on when they no longer enjoy their life.

Oh Mikki,
I's so sorry you have to endure this. Our pets are such treasures in our lives. I just lost my beagle about 3 months ago, she was 10 y/o. I still cry my heart out, so I feel your pain.

That is why I do not have dogs anymore. After 3 dogs in my life, I don't have the hart anymore to go thru that again. Enough is enough. I still dream about my last dog, he was so, so sweet.

I'm so sorry Mikki. And here I am griping about our puppy...what a reality check. I can imagine how much pain you're going through knowing he won't be with you but just take it one day at a time. I know another dog won't replace him but it can help you as far as companionship. Hug your doggie for me please. It will all be okay.

That is why I do not have dogs anymore. After 3 dogs in my life, I don't have the hart anymore to go thru that again. Enough is enough. I still dream about my last dog, he was so, so sweet.

I go along with that Charlie - I won't have cats anymore in this house, because we are near a road that is getting busier all the time. I've had to sort out two after they had been hit. Never again!!

Mikki

I am very, very sorry. I've been in that unenviable postion twice before.

Julie the greyhound had an enormous lunch of leftover thanksgiving food with all the trimmings before she left us. She had been in bad straights but the food made her so happy. That made me feel better, but only a tiny bit.

Hugs to you and your family

I have always had dogs in my life and I couldn't think of life with out my Cairn Terrier. I am very sorry for your loss. I consider myself one that doesn't normally wear my heart on my sleeve but having to part with a dog before has made me tear up and I don't mind admitting it. Go ahead and let it out.

Thank You all for the kind thoughts, I have and will be giving tyler people food for the last of his days, he hasn't had people food for years as after awhile it gives him seizures. I figure I'll feed him meals fit for a king until Sat morning.
If I was keeping him from pain, I think I would feel a little better, but he's not in pain and he's not sick. He is just losing his body control. Started as a couple accidents, now it's pretty much daily. Not just urinating also began pooping in the house.
As far as another dog, Hubby is adament we will not have another one, but in time I might try to sneak one in.

It is very hard coping with the loss of a companion.... but I look at it like this, they are not meant to live as long as we do, but they sure know how to love you in the short time they are here.... I do hope you will be able to get another companion Mikki!

Back
Top Bottom