I'm requesting prayers for my baby friend

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
You have my thoughts and prayers. Im really glad to hear he's doing fine. There's nothing that chokes me up more when it comes to baby's.

Dina, I (we - DH and I) will keep the poor, sweet little one in my heart and thoughts. May he pull through and grown up to live a long and healthy life, thanks to the miraculous gift of a new heart.

img_219358_0_684a3008f9ec20628df60e05414c9ca2.gif

Once again, thank you all for your thoughts and prayers for Baby Jaime, his family, doctors, etc. The latest on the baby is that they are still puzzled about what is going on with him...biopsies are being sent to rule out rejection of the new heart. Beyond that, there are no clear answers. ECMO has again been put on hold as the doctors feel that things are stable for now. We are all standing by. Please keep praying and holding this miracle baby and his family in your thoughts. I will continue to update as I hear from them through the Carepages.

Thank you all so very much for your support and prayers. Baby Jaime was put on ECMO (Extracorporeal Membrane Oxygenation) to help his new heart and body rest a few days. There is chance of infection, bleeding, stroke, etc. I trust God is holding on to this sweet, innocent baby and will get him through all this. I will post more soon.

Lil Jaime did very well last night. According to all the docs, he is doing all of the things he needs to in order to get off of ECMO. His heart is doing some of the work and this is encouraging. It is beating consistently and in a very strong fashion. Plans are to tune the machine down late tonite or early am. Docs will see how he does and this will indicate if he is ready. Doctor Bichell feels like his heart should be ready considering his heart was just borderline when he went on ECMO.

There's a question about brain injury during the episodes of Friday when Jaime had an unexpected high fever. Dr. Bichell pointed out that all of the indicators point to little or no injury. Of course nobody is 100% sure but he has good info that everything is ok. First and foremost, Jaime's kidneys continue to work great. Second, his lactate levels during the event went up to about 4 then crept back down almost immediately to .9 something. He also pointed out that Jaime was not cheated out of O2 for any extended period of time. He did say that high fevers can cause brain injury and Jaime did have a doozey. But he has had them before and did well so we expect this will be the case.

Thank you for your continued prayers for this family and the donor family.

Aww, that's great, Dina!! I'm so glad that it looks good for the little guy! I will continue to pray for him.

What a trooper little Jamie is!! I hope with all my heart the tide will keep on its positive direction, and will be home soon. Fingers and toes crossed!!

Just wanted to update you on the baby. He is off the ECMO and his heart is ticking properly. The doctors say all is good! He will be extubated soon. Thank you for your prayers. God is great!

Yes He is! Thank you for letting us know how Jaime is doing. I'm so glad he is doing so well, and I will continue to pray for him.

:) Barbara

Dina, my heart goes out to your baby friend Jamie, and his mom and dad. I will pray, too. The name Jamie is so beautiful, doesnt't it mean "I love"? Take care - Sandyj

Iam think of him, My friends lost their baby in Nov last year just before xmas

Last edited:
Oh, that's so sad Funny, and I'm sorry to hear that. I am still praying for this little one since he has his ups and downs everyday. He's still intubated since his L-lung began collapsing again. They are still keeping a close look at him. We pray his new little heart works well for him.

The baby is coming home! His heart transplant was a success and he will be transferred to Driscoll Children's Hospital in Texas just to continue monitoring and therapy. I am so happy and can't wait to see them again. Thank you all for your prayers.

Back
Top Bottom